Friday 16 September 2022

Radio Exterior De Espana SW 15520kHz from Noblejas, Spain received in Balakong, Selangor, Malaysia

 

Today is Malaysia public holiday, known as Malaysia Day which falls annually on 16th September. I took opportunity to stay overnight until midnight to perform shortwave DXing by receiving signal from Europe, but my primary target was actually to receive Radio Romania Antena Satelor LW 153kHz (failed).

 

While I couldn't receive any signal from Radio Romania Antena Satelor LW 153kHz in Malaysia between 0000-0100 hours (UTC+8), I did manage to receive several shortwave radio stations.

 

Alongside BBC World Service from Ascension Island, Radio Farda (transmitted from Germany and UK), as well as Radio Romania International, I tried to receive Radio Exterior De Espana on SW 15520kHz in Balakong, Selangor, Malaysia.

 

According to short-wave.info, none of radio stations are operating on SW 15520kHz and adjacent frequencies during the receiving time. Hence, I identified SW 15520kHz is Radio Exterior De Espana.

The signal was quite weak actually. In terms of distance, Radio Exterior De Espana SW 15520kHz becomes 2nd furthest shortwave radio station that I tuned at my receiving location in Balakong, Selangor State, Malaysia after BBC World Service from Ascension Island.

 

==My shortwave DX report of Radio Exterior De Espana==

* Frequency: SW 15520kHz

* Power: 200kW

* Transmission site: Noblejas, Spain

* Receiving site: Balakong, Selangor, Malaysia

* Distance: 11074km

* Receiving date/time: 16th September 2022 0055H (UTC+8)/15th September 2022 1655H (UTC)

* Language: Spanish

* Receiver: TECSUN PL-310ET

* SINPO: 13322

No comments:

Post a Comment