Wednesday 28 June 2023

Indonesia radio stations from Batam received in Kuala Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia

Back to 29th August 2022, when I came to Kuala Rompin from Kuantan, I managed to receive several Singapore FM radio stations in Kuala Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia. Hence, it was my very first Pahang location to receive Singapore radio stations through FM frequency transmission.

 

On last week, I revisited Kuala Rompin again on 18th June 2023, however my main focus was to record Nasional FM radio reception videos there as that radio station has no local repeater in Kuala Rompin like Radio Klasik, Ai FM and Traxx FM. Then, I issued my radio reception report of Nasional FM in Kuala Rompin to RTM through email.

 

Alongside local radio stations like 8FM, 988FM, Nasional FM, MY FM and Lite FM, before the departure from Kuala Rompin to my home in Balakong, Selangor, I received 4 Indonesia radio stations from Batam Island in Kuala Rompin town.

 

In the past, regarding Batam radio stations, I received the signal outside Johor state such as Tampin and Jempol in Negeri Sembilan, however Kuala Rompin becomes my first ever Pahang location to receive Batam based Indonesia radio stations after Singapore in August 2022.

 

The distance range is between 191km and 196km to receive Indonesia radio stations from Batam in Kuala Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia. Here are the 4 Batam transmitted Indonesia radio stations which I tuned in Kuala Rompin.


1. Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz

 

Signal was clean with static, however no interference from adjacent frequencies was detected so far.

 

2. Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-2 FM 105.5MHz

 

Signal was weaker than sister radio station PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz due to either lower transmitter power or lower antenna gain than FM 105.1MHz.

 

3. Hijrah FM 102.3MHz Batam

 

From Pantai Hiburan to Kuala Rompin town, originally I monitored RTM Melaka FM 102.3MHz Gunung Ledang signal propagation, however it has co-channel interference with Hijrah FM 102.3MHz from Batam. In Kuala Rompin, Melaka FM 102.3MHz from Gunung Ledang is very weak, hence co-channel interference wtih Hijrah FM 102.3MHz Batam can be easily detected.

 

4. Hang FM 106.0MHz Batam

 

Co-channel interference with CityPlus FM 106.0MHz from Gunung Telapak Buruk was detected. 

 

These Indonesian radio stations are not consistently receivable in Kuala Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia because they are likely tropospheric propagation.

No comments:

Post a Comment