Thursday 31 August 2023

From Kota Bharu to Gua Musang via Kuala Krai road, Kuala Krai is the last destination to receive Thailand FM radio stations in Kelantan state, Malaysia.

Early 2023, I planned to travel to Terengganu for 4 days 3 nights from 27th to 30th August 2023, the trip involved Besut and Pasir Puteh for 2nd day, then I expanded to Bachok because I would like to meet my friend there who is also a radio/TV hobbyist, both of us are having same hobby.


In the plan, I was used to consider to include Kuala Krai in my Terengganu trip for 3rd day. However, I chose to cancel from coming to Kuala Krai for FM radio DXing when I was back again in Kuala Terengganu after I came back from Pasir Puteh on 2nd day evening.

It is quite far from Kuala Terengganu to Besut actually, it takes 1 hours and 35 minutes to reach Jerteh where is the capital of Besut District. Quite tired after conducting radio DXing in Jerteh, Kuala Besut, and Pasir Puteh, even I had skipped my breakfast meal during the day.

 

By studying the distance from my hotel in Kuala Terengganu to Kuala Krai, it is extremely far, so I concluded that it was impossible to conduct radio DXing there at 3rd day because I would check out and went back to Kuala Lumpur at 4th day.

 

Coincidentally my friend who is based in Bachok, Kelantan went to Kuala Lumpur before I came to Kuala Terengganu, and he went back to Kelantan via Kuala Krai road on 27th August 2023. So, he sent me his videos of receiving Thailand FM radio stations signal in Kuala Krai town when he passed by there.

 

Thanks to him for the videos. With his amazing radio reception videos in Kuala Krai, I don't need to come there for FM DXing. 

 

Yes, Kuala Krai is able to receive Thailand FM radio signals from Yala, Narathiwat and Sungai Golok, the signal is varied, from strong to weak. By driving from Kota Bharu to Gua Musang on Kuala Krai route, Kuala Krai town is the final destination of Thailand FM radio stations' coverage in Kelantan state, Malaysia. After Kuala Krai, no signal were available from Thailand anymore.

 

Here are the list of Thailand FM radio stations received in Kuala Krai, Kelantan, Malaysia. (including the old videos by Senn Lens and Ahmad Mustakimi)

 

1. Thailand Parliament Radio Station FM 89.0MHz [YALA]

 

2. Radio Thailand Yala FM 92.0MHz

 

3. Voice of Navy 15 FM 94.75MHz Narathiwat

 

4. Radio Thailand Yala FM 95.0MHz

 

5. KCS Radio Narathiwat FM 96.0MHz

 

6. Radio Thailand Narathiwat FM 98.25MHz

 

7. 912 Radio Station Narathiwat FM 99.1MHz

 

8. MCOT Yala FM 102.5MHz

 

Overall the signal of Thailand FM radio reception in Kuala Krai is slightly better than what I tuned in Dabong and Kuala Balah last year, but inversely Radio Thailand Sungai Golok FM 106.5MHz signal in Kuala Krai is weaker than Dabong. 

 

As I announced early to decide that I would cease FM DX: Kelantan series, effective September 2023, hence FM DX: Kelantan series will be taken over by my friends in Kelantan for new locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment