Wednesday 22 May 2024

RTM Melaka FM 102.3MHz is the most difficult Gunung Ledang radio station tuned in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan


During the departure from Port Dickson to home in Balakong on last Sunday, I passed by Mantin as I would continue my way to Beranang.


I tried my luck to DX RTM Melaka FM 102.3MHz Gunung Ledang signal in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan. During these 15 years, I had tried to receive RTM Melaka FM 102.3MHz signal in Mantin on and off, but I could not hear anything on the frequency there.


Until 19th May 2024, I finally heard RTM Melaka FM 102.3MHz signal in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan. The video was recorded at Mantin's Green Ward Cantonese village near a river of Jalan Petanian Kampung Atap Mantin. 


During the video recording, I could detect the co-channel interference noise from Indonesia's Hijrah FM 102.3MHz Batam when I tuned to Melaka FM 102.3MHz in Mantin, it was tropospheric co-channel interference. However, I eliminated the interference noise of Hijrah FM 102.3MHz by moving my car.


Tuning distance is 94km from Gunung Ledang.


By comparing other Gunung Ledang radio frequencies, Melaka FM 102.3MHz is the most difficult radio station tuned in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan.


In Mantin, Melaka FM 102.3MHz may have adjacent channel interference noise of Asyik FM 102.5MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali when the listeners tune 102.3 on cheaper radio receiver.


Melaka FM 102.3MHz is only available in part of Negeri Sembilan areas such as 

1. Tampin

2. Gemencheh

3. Johol

4. Gemas

5. Linggi

6. Port Dickson

7. Lukut

8. Rembau

9. Kota

10. Kuala Pilah

11. Rompin

12. Batu Kikir

13. Bandar Seri Jempol

14. Simpang Pertang (weak)

15. Felda Palong

16. Juasseh

No comments:

Post a Comment