Sunday 19 May 2024

Radio Niaga dan Budaya Simalungun (RBS FM) 102.0MHz from Pematangsiantar, Indonesia is the furthest radio station received in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

Today on 19th May 2024, I conduct new series of FM radio DXing in Lukut and Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. This radio DXing convoy is classified as revisit series because I never been conducting radio DXing there for 7-8 years, somewhat the previous radio DXing recordings in Port Dickson were audio only videos. Hence, I decide to record the videos of receiving distant radio stations.


In Port Dickson, basically I only target to DX radio signal from Gunung Ulu Kali and Gunung Ledang, however unexpectedly I tune to an Indonesia language radio station on the frequency FM 102.0MHz at a beach near Port Dickson town center.


It is very difficult of me to identify the radio station's name of FM 102.0MHz because I couldn't get the name at all when I listen to that frequency.


As I suspect that I may hear this Indonesia radio station from Sumatra Island, therefore I search the existing radio stations which are using FM 102.0MHz within Sumatra Island. 


In terms of geographical condition, possibly I may tune Radio Niaga dan Budaya Simalungun (RBS FM) from Pematangsiantar, North Sumatra Province on the frequency FM 102.0MHz.


When I listen to RBS FM 102.0MHz in Port Dickson, the radio station plays Indonesian Dangdut songs and the radio has call-in program from its listeners for songs request, intermittently it airs the information about the health.


* Frequency: FM 102.0MHz

* Power: unknown

* Transmission site: Pematangsiantar, North Sumatra Province, Indonesia

* Receiving site: Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

* Distance: 309km

* Receiving date/time: 19th May 2024 between 1000-1100 hours (UTC+8)


RBS FM 102.0MHz from Pematangsiantar, Indonesia becomes the furthest radio station received in Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.


No comments:

Post a Comment