Monday 25 September 2023

My first ever DVB-T2 DXing, receiving MYTV Gunung Telapak Buruk digital TV signal in Balakong, Selangor (UHF 490MHz/CH 23 & UHF 506MHz/CH25)

On 22nd September 2023, MYTV launched digital terrestrial television transmission in Gunung Telapak Buruk officially, the frequencies are same as Bukit Tampin, Gunung Ledang, Kuala Rompin and Bukit Tinggi which are on:


MUX A: CH25 (UHF 506MHz)

MUX B: CH23 (UHF 490MHz)


After I receive the news where MYTV Gunung Telapak Buruk transmission is activated this morning, I decide to perform my very first DVB-T2 DX of receiving MYTV Gunung Telapak Buruk digital TV signal in Balakong, Selangor where is my home this evening with my LEDSTAR 7 inch portable digital TV (Model: D7).


Although MYTV digital TV is tuned from Bukit Sungai Besi in Balakong, Selangor, but I could capture its DVB-T2 signal from Gunung Telapak Buruk, the receiving distance is 41km from Gunung Telapak Buruk to Balakong.


The digital TV signal strength of MYTV from Gunung Telapak Buruk in Balakong is below the average, I get only 31-35 over 100, meanwhile Bukit Sungai Besi is above 40/100, bad or no signal if I receive with moving condition.


No signal if I receive indoor with my mobile TV antenna, so I tune outdoor and put the magnet on a metal barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment