Monday 2 January 2023

(Sporadic E DX 2023) Philippines DXZB-FM (89.9 Brigada News FM) from Zamboanga received in Bekok, Johor, Malaysia.

Happy New Year to all readers from Philip DXing Log as we are now in 2023. I performed FM DXing at the first day of the year 2023, and my DX location is in Segamat District, Johor.

 

The radio check location on 01.01.2023 involved Batu Anam, Segamat and Bekok. 

 

I went to Bekok with my friend in the afternoon, we departed from Segamat by 3pm, and reached Bekok at 4pm. My friend mainly filmed the KTM train, meanwhile I was doing FM DX there. 

 

Initially I targeted only to receive Singapore, Batam and Gunung Ulu Kali radio stations signal in Bekok. When I was tuning to FM 89.9MHz, it was a weak signal of BFM 89.9 from Gunung Ulu Kali, however FM 89.9MHz suddenly becomes an unknown language radio station which I did not understand at all, and that radio station was also airing English mainstream music.

 

When FM 89.9MHz was airing a non-English song, I used Shazam app to check the song title. The title was Kahit Na by Toni Gonzaga which is a Filipino song. I knew Philippines has a radio station on FM 89.9MHz, named Magic FM from Manila, I went to its online streaming to match the content, but it was negative.

 

While I was waiting for the radio station to end the song on the radio, I heard the ident of the radio station, it sounded "Regatta", then I searched Regatta FM 89.9MHz Philippines via Google, it showed nothing. So, I still classify FM 89.9MHz as "unknown ID". Few hours later, after driving back to Segamat, as I'm a member of Philippines TV/radio transmitter tower community group at Facebook, I traced 89.9, it showed "Brigada News FM 89.9 from Zamboanga".

 

After the search, I had verified that Philippines radio station on FM 89.9MHz that I received in Bekok, Johor, Malaysia was 89.9 Brigada News FM from Zamboanga, the call sign is DXZB.

I received DXZB 89.9 Brigada News FM from Zamboanga in Bekok, Johor, Malaysia yesterday at 1703 hours (UTC+8 Malaysia time) via Sporadic E propagation. 

Noted that the reception of FM 89.9MHz is co-channel interference between BFM 89.9 (Gunung Ulu Kali) and DXZB 89.9 Brigada News FM (Zamboanga, Philippines), then Sabah FM from Kota Kinabalu (Lawa Mandau) was detected together at the same time in Bekok, Johor, Malaysia. This is 3 radio stations have co-channel interference each other. 

 

It is the furthest FM radio station that I received all the time with the distance as much as 2161km from Zamboanga.

 

==FM 89.9MHz Philippines radio DXing in Bekok, Johor, Malaysia==

* Station name: 89.9 Brigada News FM Zamboanga 

* Call sign: DXZB

* Transmitter power: 10kW

* Transmitter site: Zamboanga, Philippines

* Receiving site: Bekok, Johor, Malaysia

* Distance: 2161km

* Receiving date/time: 01.01.2023 1703 hours (UTC+8)

* Propagation type: Sporadic E

* Receiver: TECSUN PL-380 

 

In the past years of FM DXing, alongside Malaysia distant radio station, I mostly tuned Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand radio stations, meanwhile Brunei is the niche as I went to Lawas, Sarawak, but it is my very first time to receive Philippines FM radio station in Malaysia (Peninsular side).

 

Although Bekok is a small village in Segamat District, Johor, but it is an amazing location to run FM DXing actually. My friend Fred (HBC 101) also received this radio station in same location, both of us checked it simultaneously.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment