Thursday 5 January 2023

FM 89.9MHz Malay radio station broadcast that I tuned in Johor (Muar and Bekok) is actually Sporadic E signal of RTM Sabah FM from Kota Kinabalu (Lawa Mandau)

On 1st January 2023, I went to Segamat and met a DXer there. We went to Bekok for FM DXing, meanwhile my friend mainly filmed the train footage.


In Bekok, I checked the signal of BFM on 89.9MHz, however while I was monitoring to BFM 89.9, it suddenly became Filipino language radio station which was DXZB 89.9 Brigada News FM from Zamboanga, Philippines. Then, I heard Brigada News FM 89.9MHz, again it suddenly became Malay radio broadcast.


Around 1700 hours, while I was monitoring DXZB Brigada News FM 89.9MHz signal in Bekok, Johor, I heard RTM Malay news suddently. I thought RTM has a gap filler transmitter on FM 89.9MHz for its Malay radio station, but I recalled back that there is no any RTM Malay radio station using FM 89.9MHz in Peninsular Malaysia actually.


In Kuala Rompin, FM 89.9MHz is Ai FM which is RTM Chinese radio station.


After RTM 5pm Malay prime news was ended, I continued monitoring the signal on FM 89.9MHz. Because RTM Sabah FM is using FM 89.9MHz in Kota Kinabalu, so I matched its live streaming content with FM 89.9MHz signal. It was positively matched.


I conclude that FM 89.9MHz which I tuned in Bekok, Johor is actually the Sporadic E signal of RTM Sabah FM from Kota Kinabalu.

 

Alongside Bekok, I also traced back my video of receiving FM 89.9MHz in Muar, Johor which was a Malay broadcast, it was filmed during Hari Raya Aidilfitri holiday on 5th June 2019. I thought it was BFM 89.9, but BFM 89.9 did not have Malay programs in the afternoon slot, and BFM 89.9 played only non-stop rock music during public holidays (including Hari Raya Aidilfitri). Based on the video, FM 89.9MHz in Muar did not sound Indonesian because the radio broadcast Hari Raya program mentioned P.Ramlee and Saloma who are Malaysia artists.


After checking the video again, I had identified that FM 89.9MHz which I received in Muar on 5th June 2019 was also the Sporadic E signal of RTM Sabah FM from Kota Kinabalu (Lawa Mandau).


==RTM Sabah FM Sporadic E DX in Johor==

* Frequency: FM 89.9MHz

* Power: 1kW

* Transmitter site: Lawa Mandau, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

* Receiving site: 

- Bekok

- Jalan Jeram Masjid, Muar

* Distance: 

- 1503km (Bekok)

- 1571km (Muar)

* Receiving date/time (UTC+8):

- 5th June 2019 at 1518 hours (Muar)

- 1st January 2023 at 1727 hours (Bekok)

* Propagation type: Sporadic E

No comments:

Post a Comment