Sunday 16 July 2023

Thailand and Myanmar FM radio stations received in Jengka, Jerantut and Damak, Pahang, Malaysia.

In July 2023, I launch new location of FM DXing (radio signal monitoring) activity in Kuala Krau, Jengka and Damak, Pahang where I come today on 16th July 2023.


In fact, I only target to monitor local radio stations from distant transmitter sites such as Fraser's Hill, Gunung Ulu Kali, Gunung Telapak Buruk and Gunung Ledang in these locations, but surprisingly I receive Sproadic E signal radio stations from Thailand and Myanmar in Damak, Jengka and Jerantut where travels more than 1000km from transmitter sites.


==Jengka==

In Jengka, I receive Thailand Parliament Radio Station FM 87.5MHz from Bangkok with 1138km receiving distance from the transmitter site.


==Jerantut (Kampung Pulau Tawar)==

When I drive from Jengka to Damak for the next location of FM DXing, my car radio receiver stops at FM 92.5MHz randomly and I hear a song where I don't understand of its language, then I use Shazam app to identify the song title, it is Lil Chan - A Thel Lay which is a Burmese song, then this radio station plays Korean pop song after. I look the background of Myanmar radio stations on FM 92.5MHz, it is Padamyar FM 92.5MHz from Mawlamyine, Myanmar with 1490km receiving distance where I receive at Kampung Pulau Tawar, located between Jengka and Jerantut town. By reading the radio station's background, Padamyar FM plays international hits, alongside with Burmese pop songs.


==Damak==

In Damak, I also catch two Thailand radio stations on FM 94.25MHz and FM 95.0MHz, meanwhile Myanmar radio stations on FM 87.6MHz and FM 88.6MHz where are transmitted from Yangon.


For Thailand radio stations received in Damak on FM 94.25MHz and FM 95.0MHz, I identify both are Radio Thailand Yala, but FM 95.0MHz is not likely from Yala, it could be Radio Thailand Lamphun because FM 95.0MHz Yala broadcasts in Malay language after Thai news relayed from Bangkok. Then, FM 94.25MHz is likely a confused radio signal of Thailand radio station where is co-channel interference signal.


FM 87.6MHz is Myanmar Radio, meanwhile FM 88.6MHz is Thazin FM, both are transmitted from Yangon, Myanmar, but I receive them in Damak, Pahang before driving to Bentong for lunch via Benta road.

No comments:

Post a Comment