Monday 24 April 2023

Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz received in Muar, Johor, Malaysia

 

In Muar, Johor, Malaysia, many people install high outdoor antenna in order to access Singapore TV channels, and I could hear several Singapore radio stations there.

 

Alongside Singapore, I'm very curious of the signal of Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Muar, Johor, Malaysia. So, I decide to receive this radio station there.

 

RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz could be heard in South Johor. Back to January 2023, I received RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Segamat. Now, I targeted Muar as the DX location.

 

It was quite difficult to receive RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Muar, I needed to find a proper parking place to receive this radio station.

 

Video was filmed in Muar town on 21st April 2023 (Raya Aidilfitri eve aka 30th day of Ramadan month) at 0730 hours (UTC+8) before driving to Parit Jawa for another FM DXing.

 

Interference with Johor FM 105.3MHz from Gunung Ledang could be detected when I tuned to RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Muar. 

 

Meanwhile Hang FM 106.0MHz is more difficult to be tuned in Muar town because it has co-channel interference with CityPlus FM 106.0MHz from Gunung Telapak Buruk.

 

==RRI Batam PRO-1 reception in Muar== 

* Frequency: FM 105.1MHz

* Power: 5kW

* Transmitter site: TVRI Batam transmitting tower, Indonesia

* Receiver site: Muar, Johor, Malaysia

* Distance: 184km

 

No signal can be heard at Kampung Jeram Masjid in Muar where is my friend's kampung, even Bakri cannot receive RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz.

 

Other than Muar, I also received RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Sungai Mati (191km) and Tangkak (197km), Johor, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment