Wednesday 17 November 2021

IKIM FM is available in Southwest Kelantan from Lojing Highlands to Pos Blau on 102.7MHz from Gunung Kledang.


From 14th to 17th November 2021, I had my holiday vacation in Gua Musang, Kelantan. Alongside Gua Musang, I did travel to Lojing and Cameron Highlands on 15th November 2021 from Gua Musang.


It is very far from Gua Musang to Cameron Highlands, the distance per direction is 120km. Between these two location, I was DXing few radio stations on Jalan Gua Musang-Cameron Highlands.


From Pos Brooke, Lojing to Cameron Highlands, I suddenly received IKIM FM 102.7MHz from Gunung Kledang clearly. Compare with RTM Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar, IKIM FM 102.7MHz signal reception is slightly clearer from Kampung Kelaik to Lojing Highlands. So, I took the video of its signal for 1-2 minutes.


Then, I departed from Cameron Highlands to Gua Musang. I dropped by Masjid Keputeraan Lojing for FM DXing to record few radio stations signal at 1400 hours (2pm), IKIM FM 102.7MHz is very clear in Lojing Highlands, Kelantan.


After recording IKIM FM 102.7MHz signal at Masjid Keputeraan Lojing, I drove back to Gua Musang. The signal is still clear in Pos Brooke, and availability of IKIM FM 102.7MHz from Gunung Kledang is up to Pos Blau, then the signal is fully dead.


I was very curious that IKIM FM 102.7MHz is the only radio station available in Lojing area, Kelantan while other Gunung Kledang transmitted radio stations are very weak there. I may think that IKIM FM 102.7MHz Gunung Kledang antenna system does beam to east direction with panel antenna, so this makes the radio station available in Lojing clearly.


Receiving distance range is between 50km-90km from Gunung Kledang to Southwest Kelantan RX locations.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment