Friday 6 August 2021

RTM Mutiara FM 93.9MHz from Gunung Jerai received in Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia (2015-2019)

 

In Teluk Intan where was my late grandmother home, there are usually having 3 state radio stations available in the town. 

 

These RTM state radio stations where can be received in Teluk Intan, Perak are:

 

1. RTM Perak FM 95.6MHz from Gunung Kledang

2. RTM Selangor FM 100.9MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali

3. RTM Pahang FM 107.5MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali

 

Apart of these three RTM state radio stations, RTM Mutiara FM (Penang state radio station) is receivable in Teluk Intan on FM 93.9MHz from Gunung Jerai, but it has only very little signal. 

 

The frequency 93.9MHz that I received in Teluk Intan is not RTM Mutiara FM's main transmitter because 93.9MHz mainly serves the blind spot areas (Northern Penang Island) of FM 95.7MHz Bukit Penara which FM 95.7MHz is the main transmitter of Mutiara FM. 

 

Compare to another Gunung Jerai stations such as Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz and Suria FM 106.9MHz, RTM Mutiara FM 93.9MHz is much weaker in Teluk Intan.

 

* Station name: RTM Mutiara FM

* Frequency: FM 93.9MHz

* Power: 0.1kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Jerai, Kedah

* Receiving site: Teluk Intan, Perak

* Distance: 205km


In the video, I combine video and audio into one which I recorded from 2015 to 2019.


For first part of the compilation video, Mutiara FM 93.9MHz Gunung Jerai @ Teluk Intan video was recorded in 3rd February 2019 in the car. During that time, I recorded the video at Jalan Woo Saik Hong where I was at outside of my late grandmother house while I was ready to go for CNY reunion dinner with my family and relative. Next, the rest part of the compilation video is audio clips. I recorded in 2015 and 2016 by using phone recorder (recording from car radio) and Samsung Galaxy V Plus. About signal recording of Mutiara FM 93.9MHz by using Samsung Galaxy V Plus, I received it at my late grandmother house's bedroom at upstairs, antenna wire headed to north direction and pulled higher.


In fact I received FM 93.9MHz with weak signal at first time in 27th January 2009 when it was Chinese New Year. I thought it was Bernama Radio24, but I did remember that FM 93.9MHz played Chinese New Year song when I heard in Teluk Intan, Perak nearby The Store supermarket. Until 2010, when I had internet, I traced all RTM state radio stations frequencies list, then I only realized FM 93.9MHz that I received in Teluk Intan was Mutiara FM from Gunung Jerai transmitter.


Now, I published back this story here is also part of my DXing activity in Teluk Intan. Honestly I missed Teluk Intan town as I never come there for more than 1.5 years due to COVID-19 Pandemic. I hope COVID-19 pandemic will be slow down, hence I can revisit Teluk Intan, then continue DXing outside Klang Valley.

 

Mutiara FM 93.9MHz from Gunung Jerai operates only 0.1kW transmitter power, it only serves Batu Feringghi, Teluk Bahang, Tanjung Tokong and Tanjung Bungah where these locations cannot receive FM 95.7MHz from Bukit Penara due to terrains.

 

In Northwest Perak, Mutiara FM 93.9MHz Gunung Jerai is usually having co-channel interference from Nasional FM 93.9MHz Bukit Genting transmitter. 

 

If Bernama Radio Klang Valley frequency FM 93.9MHz moves to Gunung Ulu Kali, I will be no longer receiving Mutiara FM 93.9MHz from Gunung Jerai in Teluk Intan, even Lumut, Sitiawan and Pangkor then. 

 

==EXTRA: Mutiara FM 93.9MHz in Sitiawan, Perak==

After Teluk Intan, I also received Mutiara FM 93.9MHz in Sitiawan, the footage was recorded at Tua Pek Kung temple in 26th January 2020 during CNY 2020. However, Mutiara FM 93.9MHz Gunung Jerai transmitter was interfered by Indonesia Radio DSB FM 93.8MHz from Deli Serdang Regency, North Sumatra province during tropospheric propagation. Moreover, Mutiara FM 93.9MHz was also having co-channel interference with Bernama Radio (Kuala Lumpur Tower transmitter).

 

* Station name: RTM Mutiara FM

* Frequency: FM 93.9MHz

* Power: 0.1kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Jerai, Kedah

* Receiving site: Sitiawan, Perak

* Distance: 182km

No comments:

Post a Comment