Monday 9 August 2021

Happy 25th years birthday anniversary to Cats FM from Philip DXing Log, and some memory of my involvement in Cats FM transmitter project from 2019.

 

It is 25th years birthday anniversary of Cats FM today. Hence, happy birthday to Cats FM from Philip DXing Log. (1996-2021)

 

Cats FM was launched in 9th August 1996, as Sarawak's first private radio station. Initially broadcasts in English, Malay, Ibanese and Mandarin, but after that, Cats FM only broadcasts in Sarawak Malay and Ibanese. Cats FM is available in Sarawak, and Brunei, then now it is available in part of Sabah via Lawas frequency FM 88.2MHz.

 

Alongside with my birthday wishes, I would like to share some of my memories with Cats FM, especially its transmitter system project in 2019.

 

I'm a former staff of a broadcast transmitter equipment company actually. Joined in 11st April 2019, but left in 1st May 2020 (due to personal reasons). During 13 months of broadcast industry career, my position was just a junior broadcast engineer (entry-level one, but I'm not having any broadcast telecommunication background fields, instead joined the industry as my interest/hobby).

 

In 2019, I involved the Cats FM transmitter commissioning project with my company actually. 

 

My former company participated Cats FM transmitter commissioning projects in Belaga (FM 99.5MHz), Kapit (FM 107.6MHz) and Lawas (FM 88.2MHz) in 2019, a year before COVID-19 pandemic.

 

Due to COVID-19 pandemic is getting worse in Malaysia, then we cannot go anywhere under the lockdown, instead staying at home, however coincidentally Cats FM celebrates 25th years birthday anniversary today, I would like to share about my outdoor activities about Cats FM Kapit and Lawas project.

 

Back then, my ex-company joined three of Cats FM transmitter commissioning project, but I only participated myself in two only which was Kapit and Lawas. 

 

I did not take part Belaga FM 99.5MHz project because I was still in Australia. So, I looked forward for Kapit and Lawas.

 

In 2019, my ex-company delivered 6 units of Italian Elettronika Mizar2 500W transmitters, 3 units of automatic changeover units, 3 units of Bulgarian DEVA Broadcast DB-6400 audio processor and 3 units of Remote Control Units to Cats FM. When I reflected the moments, I'm proud of it actually.

 

From September 2019 to December 2019, I joined Cats FM Kapit and Lawas transmitter commissioning project. Hence, here are some best picture of myself in Cats FM project.


1. Kapit FM 107.6MHz project (17th September 2019)









2. Lawas FM 88.2MHz project (8th November 2019)






Now I'm a ex-junior broadcast engineer. Yes, I've enjoyed and experienced the projects actually.

 

Cats FM doesn't only broadcast in Sarawak statewide, but Brunei can receive the station via Limbang FM 88.7MHz from Bukit Mas transmitter. 

 

After Cats FM launched in Lawas on FM 88.2MHz from Bukit Tiong where I also involved its transmitter system commissioning project, Cats FM is available in part of Sabah such as Sindumin and Sipitang since then. Here are my videos of receiving Cats FM 88.2MHz in Sabah by using my Samsung Galaxy V Plus phone.

 


Happy 25th Years Birthday Anniversary to Cats FM.

No comments:

Post a Comment