Tuesday 30 May 2023

Lojing Highlands is the first Kelantan location where I receive Kedah FM 97.5MHz from Gunung Jerai.

 

 

Kedah FM is RTM state radio station which serves Kedah state. Apart from Kedah, it can be tuned in Perlis, Penang, North Perak and part of Thailand (Satun, Betong and Danok).

 

Back to 1st May 2022 (a day before Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2022), I was in Lojing, Kelantan to conduct FM DXing (radio signal monitoring). During departure from Pos Brooke to Teluk Intan via Cameron Highlands road, I detected Kedah FM 97.5MHz signal from Gunung Jerai when I was driving.

 

 

Kedah FM 97.5MHz Gunung Jerai signal can be heard at few road sections between Pos Brooke and Lojing Mosque. No signal was heard when I reached Masjid Keputeraan Lojing where is located nearby Pahang border.

 

From FM DX: Lojing 1.0 to 2.0, it was my very first time to receive Gunung Jerai radio station because I never expected Gunung Jerai radio station could be heard in Lojing. 

 

As I could receive Kedah FM 97.5MHz Gunung Jerai signal in Lojing, therefore Lojing Highlands became my first ever Kelantan location to receive this radio station from Gunung Jerai. 

 

- Frequency: FM 97.5MHz

- Power: 5kW

- Transmitting site: Gunung Jerai, Kedah

- Receiving location: Lojing Highlands, Kelantan 

- Distance: 174km

 

No comments:

Post a Comment