Wednesday 31 May 2023

Hijrah FM 102.3MHz from Batam, Indonesia tuned in Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia via tropospheric propagation.

On 7th April 2023, I received an Indonesia radio station which was playing Dangdut music from Puchong to Kuala Lumpur around 1806 hours (UTC+8). According to a Dxer, it was Radio Pramudya from Lampung, Indonesia, then I acknowledged it because the video that I filmed was corresponding to Radio Pramudya's broadcast schedule.


Meanwhile I received FM 102.3MHz signal again in Puchong, Selangor yesterday at the same time, however I was hearing Islamic religious speech. 


I stopped my car at Shell Bandar Kinrara petrol station to monitor the radio station on FM 102.3MHz. Initially I suspected it was Radio Hijrah from Batam, Indonesia, so I matched the radio content between FM 102.3MHz and Radio Hijrah Batam online streaming via Tunein, at last both were positively corresponded. 


Based on Radio Pramudya's broadcast schedule, FM 102.3MHz that I filmed at 6.15pm (Malaysia time) was not matched with the schedule because Radio Pramudya carries Lampung songs, meanwhile its Islamic religious program only begins on air from 6.45 pm (Malaysia time UTC+8)/5.45pm (West Indonesia time UTC+7).


The Islamic preacher who had speeches at the mosque on FM 102.3MHz which I received in Puchong was same voice with Radio Hijrah Batam FM 102.3MHz online streaming.


Hence, I identified FM 102.3MHz reception in Puchong on 30th May 2023 at 1817 hours (UTC+8) was Radio Hijrah from Batam, Indonesia.

 

At the same time, while car was moving, co-channel interference with an unlicensed low power local Chinese radio station was detected during departure from Shell Bandar Kinrara before going back home in Balakong, Selangor.


Radio Hijrah FM 102.3MHz from Batam, Indonesia reception in Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia on 30th May 2023 at 1817 hours (UTC+8) was actually the tropospheric propagation signal, transmitter power is 5kW.

 

- Frequency: FM 102.3MHz

- Power: 5kW

- Transmitter site: Batam, Indonesia

- Receiving site: Shell Bandar Kinrara (eastbound), Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia

- Distance: 340km

No comments:

Post a Comment