Monday 28 November 2022

Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz is the furthest radio station that I received in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

 On 27th November 2022, I went to Negeri Sembilan and Melaka to conduct FM DXing activity, Tampin was my core location for FM DXing yesterday.


Tampin is located in South Negeri Sembilan where just adjacent to Melaka border.


In Tampin, Gunung Telapak Buruk transmitted radio stations have no signal, meanwhile Gunung Pulai was receivable weakly. Gunung Ledang transmitted radio stations are local frequencies in Tampin.


10 years ago, when I was serving PLKN (Program Latihan Khidmat Negara), a group of Chinese members and I went to Tampin Chinese temple in Pulau Sebang every Sunday. At there, I was used to receive several Singapore radio stations with my Sony Ericsson J105i Naite.


As I recalled the memory, I placed RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz as my target to DX in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan.


In Tampin town, none of Singapore and Indonesia (Batam) radio stations signal were detected. As the result, I planned to abandon further radio check because I wanted to go for breakfast at Tampin New Village and then I would go to Johol for radio check.

 

After I had done my breakfast at Tampin New Village, I checked FM 105.1MHz signal in my car before heading to Johol.


At Tampin New Village (Kampung Baru Tampin) where is Chinese majority area, I received Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz.

The signal of RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz was very weak, but adjacent channel interference with Johor FM 105.3MHz from Gunung Ledang was very mildly detected in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia because the radio signal of Johor FM 105.3MHz is not so clear in Tampin as it covers North Johor only, excluding Melaka and Negeri Sembilan.


RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz operates at 5kW power, it is transmitted from TVRI Batam tower.


By calculating the transmission distance, RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz becomes the furthest radio station that I received in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.


Meanwhile by considering overall radio reception of RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz, Tampin is the third furthest location after Bandar Seri Jempol and Simpang Ampat.


==RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz reception in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia==

* Frequency: FM 105.1MHz

* Power: 5kW

* Transmitter site: TVRI Batam, Batam Island, Indonesia

* Receiving site: Tampin New Village, 73000 Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

* Distance: 243km

* Receiving date/time: 27th November 2022, 0923 hours (UTC+8)

No comments:

Post a Comment