Monday 28 November 2022

RTM Johor FM 101.9MHz Gunung Pulai signal detected in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan with interference noise from MY FM 101.8MHz (Gunung Ulu Kali)

 

After I completed FM DXing in Southern Negeri Sembilan (Tampin, Rembau & Johol) and Melaka (Alor Gajah & Durian Tunggal), I departed back to my home in Balakong, Selangor in the evening.

 

Today is the public holiday in conjunction with post GE15 holiday and Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim (DSAI) had been appointed as Malaysia's 10th Prime Minister since 24th November 2022, so many of us traveled out of town. Then, I went to do FM DXing in Negeri Sembilan and Melaka which originally plan is on 11st December 2022.

 

Many years ago, I was used to hear some radio stations signal from Gunung Pulai in Seremban such as Minnal FM 101.1MHz and Ai FM 104.9MHz. Back to 2016, before Red FM was sold to Astro and rebranded to Zayan, I was listening to it in Seremban. On PLUS Highway from Seremban to Nilai, I heard co-channel interference between Red FM (Gunung Ulu Kali) and Ai FM (Gunung Pulai) on 104.9MHz at Bandar Ainsdale.

 

Yesterday evening, when the traffic on PLUS Highway from Seremban to Klang Valley was getting slower due to heavy rain, from Seremban toll exit to Nilai, I tuned my radio dial to FM 101.9MHz.

 

Before this, I was used to detect Johor FM 101.9MHz in Seremban 8 months ago, but I did not record it due to safety reason.

 

Nearby Bandar Ainsdale toll exit, I heard Johor FM 101.9MHz from Gunung Pulai intermittently when I drove from Seremban to Nilai on PLUS Highway.

 

Serious adjacent channel interference with MY FM 101.8MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali was detected when I tuned to Johor FM 101.9MHz from Gunung Pulai in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. 

 

2 minutes and 15 seconds video of receiving Johor FM 101.9MHz from Gunung Pulai was recorded on PLUS Highway when I was driving northbound from Seremban to Nilai.

  

After Bandar Ainsdale, the signal of Johor FM 101.9MHz from Gunung Pulai was completely disappeared, meanwhile MY FM 101.8MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali became clearer.

 

Due to adjacent channel interference with MY FM 101.8MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali, RTM Johor FM 101.9MHz from Gunung Pulai is not constantly available in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. 


Adjacent channel interference between MY FM 101.8MHz (Gunung Ulu Kali) and Johor FM 101.9MHz (Gunung Pulai) also happens in Melaka and other Negeri Sembilan areas (eg: Rembau, Gemas, and Bandar Seri Jempol)

 

Note: FM 105.3MHz is completely Suria FM from Gunung Ulu Kali in Seremban, even in Rembau and Pedas. 

 

* Frequency: FM 101.9MHz

* Power: 5kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Pulai, Johor

* Receiving site: Seremban, Negeri Sembilan (nearby Bandar Ainsdale)

* Distance: 223km

No comments:

Post a Comment