Monday 14 November 2022

Kelantan FM 97.3MHz Bukit Bakar received in Genting Highlands, Pahang (24th floor First World Hotel Tower 1)

 

1 year ago, since 14th November 2022, I began to receive Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar in several Pahang areas with Benta, Cameron Highlands, Merapoh, Fraser's Hill and Kuala Tembeling.

 

The current furthest location that I received Kelantan FM is in Fraser's Hill.

 

==Here are my current furthest locations in Pahang to receive Kelantan FM 97.3MHz==

* Benta: 193km (filmed on 14th November 2021)

* Fraser's Hill: 230km (filmed on 5th & 6th June 2022) 

 

Now I break my record of receiving Kelantan FM 97.3MHz signal from Bukit Bakar in Pahang by tuning it in Genting Highlands.

 

I went to Genting Highlands with family yesterday and I brought two radio receivers there. I arrived Genting Highlands at 8am in the morning. After I left the cable car at Sky Avenue Skyway, I walked with my family first to the First World Hotel lobby via SkyAvenue Plaza. Then, we dropped our luggage bag at the lobby counter as the hotel check-in time is actually 3pm.


After that, we went separately. So, I went to 24th Floor at First World Hotel Tower 1 to do FM DXing. 


At 24th floor lift lobby of First World Hotel, I received a Malay language radio station on FM 97.3MHz. Initially I suspect either Perak FM from Changkat Rembian (Tapah) or Kelantan FM from Bukit Bakar (Machang), therefore I compared the content by listening to Kelantan FM via online streaming my phone with radio receiver, however they were positively matched.


So, I received Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar in Genting Highlands, Pahang at 24th Floor First World Hotel Tower 1.

First video was recorded at 0752 hours (UTC+8) by using TECSUN PL-380 receiver, very mild interference noise from Ai FM 97.1MHz Bukit Fraser transmitter was heard, even interference noise with KL FM 97.2MHz from Kuala Lumpur Tower was detected too during the reception.


Then, I left the hotel and went to Resort Hotel for another FM DXing. Later on, I went to eat breakfast at KFC Highlands Hotel.


After I completed my breakfast at KFC Highlands Hotel, I went again to First World Hotel 24th floor around 10am. FM 97.3MHz became from Kelantan FM to Perak FM.


While Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar at 24th Floor First World Hotel became Perak FM from Changkat Rembian from 0950 to 1030 hours (UTC+8), I also received Nasional FM 96.5MHz from Bukit Bakar at the same location, however Nasional FM 96.5MHz signal was very noisy because it is sandwiched by Minnal FM 96.3MHz and Sinar FM 96.7MHz which both are transmitted from Gunung Ulu Kali (local transmitter where located less than 1km from Genting Highlands).


After eating lunch at a Japanese cuisine restaurant, my family member went to check-in hotel earlier around 1300 hours. 


I went again to check Kelantan FM 97.3MHz signal at the same floor from 1400 hours to 1430 hours occasionally, but I used TECSUN PL-310ET receiver. 

 

To receive Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar in Genting Highlands, you have to tune it at First World Hotel Tower 1, at least 20th floor and above.

 

Here are the photos of the exact location where I received Kelantan FM 97.3MHz signal from Bukit Bakar in Genting Highlands, Pahang. This is First World Hotel Tower 1 24th floor lift lobby.


Its adjacent radio station Ai FM 97.1MHz from Fraser's Hill is moderately clear with STEREO signal, but field strength level is slightly low.

 

The outside views from First World Hotel 24th floor lift lobby.



Genting Highlands is now becoming the furthest location to receive Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar as 13rd November 2022.

 

By combining with all DXers videos on YouTube, Genting Highlands is the second furthest location to receive Kelantan FM 97.3MHz from Bukit Bakar with 259km distance, meanwhile Langkawi is the furthest receiving location with 282km distance.

 

==Kelantan FM 97.3MHz reception in Genting Highlands==

- Frequency: FM 97.3MHz

- Power: 2kW

- Transmitter site: Bukit Bakar, Machang, Kelantan

- Receiving site: 24th Floor First World Hotel Tower 1 Lift Lobby, Genting Highlands, Pahang

- Distance: 259km

- Receiver: TECSUN PL-380 & TECSUN PL-310ET

No comments:

Post a Comment