Saturday 5 June 2021

RRI (Radio Republik Indonesia) Medan PRO-1 FM 94.3MHz from Medan, Indonesia received in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia.

Back to 28th December 2019, I traveled to Taiping, Perak alone for FM signal monitoring hobby activities.


In Taiping, I was used to receive Radio Thailand Satun FM 99.5MHz on PLUS Highway, but I received a radio station even further than Thailand, it is from Indonesia.


This Indonesia radio station signal that I heard in Taiping was Radio Republik Indonesia (RRI) Medan FM 94.3MHz.

 


I recorded the video and audio in Taiping town actually before checking in hotel.

 

Mix FM is using same frequency as RRI Medan PRO-1 FM 94.3MHz in Gunung Kledang for Ipoh and Central Perak, but I could hear co-channel interference between two radio stations in Taiping, Perak when I tuned on FM 94.3MHz. Mix FM listeners tune in Taiping on 91.3MHz from Bukit Larut where is local transmitter for the town.

 

==RRI Medan PRO-1 DX report==

* Frequency: FM 94.3MHz

* Power: 5kW

* Transmission site: Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia

* Receiving site: Taiping, Perak, Malaysia 

* Distance: 272km

 

Not only in Taiping, RRI Medan PRO-1 FM 94.3MHz is also receivable in Langkawi too.

No comments:

Post a Comment