Tuesday 1 June 2021

Radio Republik Indonesia (RRI) Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz spotted in Segamat, Johor, Malaysia, but it comes with STEREO signal

 

Recently my friend who is staying in Segamat, Johor, Malaysia sent me two footage of receiving RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz at his home, but for this time, he recorded RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz by using his TECSUN PL-600 receiver.

 

As he made the footage and I represented him to upload the video on YouTube, so I give credit to my friend (HBC 101).

 

Originally my friend sent me two footage, I combine them into a footage to reduce duplication.

 

According to the footage, RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz had STEREO indicator signal on TECSUN PL-600 receiver in Segamat, Johor, Malaysia. This is a rare reception because it is very less STEREO reception when receiving a radio signal with more than 150km distance from the transmitter site, unless it happens E-skip, Sporadic or Tropospheric Propagation condition.

 

Besides that, by hearing RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Segamat, Johor footage audio, the interference from RTM Johor FM 105.3MHz Gunung Ledang (local transmitter) is spotted at the same time, therefore the tuning frequency is adjusted adjacently to FM 105.08MHz in order to have better and less interference reception.

 

==RRI Batam PRO-1 DX report==

- Frequency: FM 105.1MHz

- Power: 5kW

- Transmission site: Batam, Indonesia

- Receiving site: Segamat, Johor, Malaysia

- Distance: 198km

- Reception form: STEREO

- Receiver: TECSUN PL-600 

 

I requested my friend to try catching RRI Batam PRO-2 FM 105.5MHz in Segamat, Johor, however I don't expect it is receivable there because RRI Batam PRO-2 FM 105.5MHz is weak in South Johor (including Johor Bahru). Therefore, I expect there is no signal of receiving RRI Batam PRO-2 FM 105.5MHz in Muar, Batu Pahat, Kluang, and Segamat.

No comments:

Post a Comment