Saturday 10 February 2024

Nastra FM 88.6MHz from Langkat, Indonesia received in Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia via tropospheric propagation

 After having Chinese New Year eve reunion dinner with my family members at yesterday night, I went back to my late grandmother's house. Initally I would like to perform RDS PS text monitoring of IKIM FM 102.7MHz Gunung Kledang transmitter, but unfortunately I could not capture it. Then, I performed radio frequency scan randomly and I received Nastra FM 88.6MHz from Langkat, Indoneia in Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia.


The signal of Nastra FM 88.6MHz was quite clear in Teluk Intan during tropospheric propagation, I was listening to this frequency from 2210 hours to 2300 hours (UTC+8), the signal went weak after 2300 hours. Nastra FM 88.6MHz plays classic Indonesian Dangdut songs, it is based in Pangkalan Susu. Although it targets Langkat Regency in North Sumatra Province, but it overspills to Malaysia territory occasionally during tropospheric propagation.


In my radio DXing history, Nastra FM 88.6MHz from Langkat, Indonesia is the third furthest radio station that I receive in Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia as February 2024 after PSU Radio Pattani FM 107.25MHz and MCOT Satun FM 93.25MHz.


As 10th February 2024, Teluk Intan becomes my second location within Malaysia territory of tuning Nastra FM 88.6MHz after Sungai Ayer Tawar in Sabak Bernam District, Selangor where I tuned on 3rd May 2022.


* Frequency: FM 88.6MHz

* Power: unknown

* Transmission site: Pangkalan Susu, Langkat Regency, North Sumatra Province, Indonesia

* Receiving site: Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia

* Distance: 308km

* Receiver: TECSUN PL-310ET

* Receiving date/time: 09.02.2024 2208H (UTC+8)


Alongside Nastra FM 88.6MHz, I also received Radio Muslim Al-Fatih FM 107.3MHz from Medan, Indonesia again in Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia after 2 years from my last radio reception of this frequency in Teluk Intan, but I tuned it indoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment