Sunday 21 January 2024

Unexpected radio DXing in Shah Alam, Selangor, what a coincidence for January 2024.

Early of this month, I had planned to perform radio DXing in Kuala Lipis and Padang Tengku on 21st January 2024 as part of the opening for Radio DX Malaysia Madani 2024, but I cancelled the plan two weeks ago due to health condition, and postponed to March 2024.

Actually there is no radio DXing convoy this month. Few days ago, I was invited to attend an event in Shah Alam which should held on 20th January 2024 and I registered myself in. When I reached there, the event venue was quiet and I was alert that the event seems cancelled due to poor attendance. Coincidentally and also unexpectedly, I performed radio DXing in Shah Alam, Selangor as my replacement and back up activity to substitute the main event.

 

On Saturday night 20th January 2024, I managed to receive 4 Gunung Ledang transmitted radio stations and 1 semi local radio station from Gunung Telapak Buruk in Shah Alam, Selangor.


Ipoh's Gunung Kledang and Taiping's Bukit Larut radio signals are negative in Shah Alam, Selangor. Hence, Gunung Ledang is the furthest radio transmitter received in Shah Alam with 142km distance.


==Gunung Ledang radio stations DXing in Shah Alam, Selangor==

1. Hot FM 104.3MHz


2. Raaga FM 99.7MHz


3. Melaka FM 102.3MHz


4. Melody FM 107.3MHz


The videos were filmed at Seksyen 13, Shah Alam where located near Federal Highway. Receiving time was between 1845 hours to 1945 hours.


Among 4 Gunung Ledang transmitted radio stations, Melaka FM 102.3MHz was the weakest due to transmitting antenna direction, but I'm unsure of Melaka FM 102.3MHz that I tuned in Shah Alam had co-channel interference with Batam based Indonesia radio station, Hijrah FM or not because 102.3MHz is too weak there. 

 

Negeri FM 92.6MHz from Gunung Telapak Buruk is still clear in Shah Alam, but I classified it as semi local radio station as the tuning distance is only 64km from Gunung Telapak Buruk to Shah Alam. 

 


After completing radio DXing in Shah Alam, and I noted that the event venue was not ON, so I left for light dinner and went home immediately. I did not feel disappointed and angry because I had other back up activities there such as radio DXing and shopping.

 

Shah Alam already filled the slot of my radio DXing convoy for January 2024 unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment