Friday 14 October 2022

Singapore FM radio stations received in Gemencheh, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

Over last week, one of my friend who is Melaka based DXer, named Kelvin Lee went to Gemencheh, Negeri Sembilan.


Gemencheh is a small town in Tampin district, located in southeast Negeri Sembilan. It is also located in between Tampin and Gemas. I was used to go there, the small town has nothing special attractive, but I had something to do there which is radio signal monitoring (also known as DXing).


About radio broadcast, Gemencheh is usually covered by Gunung Ledang, meanwhile Gunung Telapak Buruk transmitted radio stations are still available there. 


Gunung Pulai transmitted radio stations are also receivable in Gemencheh, but very weak. No signal from Gunung Ulu Kali can be received in Gemencheh.


Unexpectedly, several Singapore radio stations can be tuned in Gemencheh, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia with weak reception. Kelvin Lee had received 4 radio stations from Singapore there such as: 


1. BBC World Service FM 88.9MHz

2. Symphony 92.4FM

3. CNA 93.8FM

4. Love 97.2FM


All are transmitted from Bukit Batok, the distance between Bukit Batok and Gemencheh is 196km.


Reception is definitely poor in Gemencheh due to interference with local radio stations (mainly from Gunung Ledang).


Back to 2012, I was also used to receive Singapore FM radio stations in Tampin, Negeri Sembilan, but I did not manage to record the signal because my phone during that time (Sony Ericsson J105i Naite) had no radio recording function which I could record from radio, then it would become audio files. When I was in Tampin, I received:


1. Lush 99.5FM

2. YES 93.3FM

3. Love 97.2FM

4. Class 95FM

No comments:

Post a Comment