Tuesday 25 October 2022

BFM 89.9 received in Felda Paloh, Gua Musang, Kelantan.

 



Back to last year in November 2022, I managed to receive BFM 89.9 in Kuala Betis, Kelantan where is just 20km away from Gua Musang town before heading to Cameron Highlands.


Two days ago, I traveled to Dabong in Kelantan, but I stayed a night in Gua Musang at the same hotel as Gua Musang is the nearest town from Dabong, compare to Kuala Krai. My plan included Kuala Balah and Felda Paloh.


Before this, I planned to check any Thailand and Kota Bharu based radio stations propagation in Felda Paloh and Felda Chiku, however there are having no signal to receive Thailand radio stations when I was in Felda Paloh.


Surprisingly, I could receive BFM 89.9 in Felda Paloh, Kelantan where is 50km from Gua Musang town. Signal is weak, but no interference with RTM Radio Klasik FM 89.7MHz from Bukit Chupak because RTM Radio Klasik FM 89.7MHz has no signal in Rantau Manis, Felda Chiku and Felda Paloh.


Felda Paloh is located in East Gua Musang, but I can't imagine how does the Gunung Ulu Kali radio signal transmit there actually.

 
I recorded two videos of receiving BFM 89.9 in Felda Paloh 2, Gua Musang, Kelantan by using two radio receivers (TECSUN PL-380 and PL-310ET).

BFM 89.9 is transmitted from Gunung Ulu Kali which mainly covers Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, meanwhile it is available in West Pahang, South Perak and part of Negeri Sembilan/Malacca/Johor. From Kuala Lumpur to Kelantan, BFM 89.9 can be tuned up to Kampung Merapoh in Pahang and Kampung Mentara Lama in Gua Musang, Kelantan.

BFM 89.9 has some signal in Kampung Mentara Lama and Kampung Sungai Tupai where are the southernmost locations in Kelantan while I was driving from Gua Musang to Kuala Lumpur.

* Frequency: FM 89.9MHz
* Power: 2kW
* Transmission site: Gunung Ulu Kali, Pahang
* Receiving location: Felda Paloh 2, Gua Musang, Kelantan
* Distance: 182km

In Felda Paloh, only RTM Kelantan FM 88.1MHz and Nasional FM 90.7MHz are the available radio stations there as they're transmitted from Felda Paloh 1 (transmission tower can be spotted from Felda Paloh 2 entrance).


Alongside BFM 89.9, I also could receive RTM Pahang FM 107.5MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali in Felda Paloh when I was driving to Gua Musang town.

No comments:

Post a Comment