Sunday 21 March 2021

Minnal FM 101.1MHz (Gunung Pulai) is the furthest radio station received in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor, Malaysia

 

On last Sunday 14.03.2021, I traveled to Kuala Langat district after a long hiatus of FM DX activities because of MCO lockdown 2.0. My main sites were Morib, and Banting, but I went to Tanjung Sepat was actually to have lunch after Morib.

 

Before lunch break in Tanjung Sepat, I was at Lover's Bridge. Initially I would like to catch Perak FM 95.6MHz signal from Gunung Kledang, but 95.6MHz had nothing signal there.

 

Surprisingly I received Minnal FM 101.1MHz from Gunung Pulai in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor on my TECSUN PL-380 radio receiver at Lover's Bridge. 

 

Minnal FM Gunung Pulai transmitter (South Johor) 101.1MHz became the furthest radio station that I caught in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor in my DX signal monitoring history. In addition, it is the second Selangor location that I received Minnal FM 101.1MHz from Gunung Pulai after Balakong on 15.04.2020.

 

Balakong was my first Selangor location to catch Minnal FM 101.1MHz from Gunung Pulai, then following by recent Tanjung Sepat.

 

Here is the video:

 

According to the video, Minnal FM 101.1MHz Gunung Pulai signal reception is not really consistently receivable in Tanjung Sepat. The signal is fading in and out.


As TECSUN PL-380 has good filtering device in the unit to eliminate adjacent channel interference signal, so I did not really heard any interference noise from RTM Selangor FM 100.9MHz Gunung Ulu Kali when I tuned to Minnal FM 101.1MHz.

 

==Minnal FM South Johor transmitter signal reception in Tanjung Sepat, Selangor report==

* Frequency: FM 101.1MHz

* Power: 5kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Pulai, Johor

* Receiver site: Lover's Bridge Tanjung Sepat, Selangor

* Distance: 250km  

* Receiving date/time: 14.03.2021 1100-1200H (UTC+8)

No comments:

Post a Comment