Tuesday 6 October 2020

Mantin, Negeri Sembilan is the furthest location where I received Gunung Kledang radio station signal.

Mantin is a small town in Negeri Sembilan, located between Nilai and Seremban, it is not far from Selangor Beranang border. In the town, I usually receive radio stations from Gunung Ulu Kali and Gunung Telapak Burok, also the weaker Bukit Sungai Besi, Gunung Ledang, Bukit Gun and Kuala Lumpur Tower.


Back to 3rd April 2016, I received Red FM 106.4MHz from Gunung Kledang in Mantin, Negeri Sembilan. In my record of FM DXing, Mantin is the furthest location to receive Gunung Kledang radio station. 

 


==Red FM 106.4MHz Ipoh DX information==

* Frequency: FM 106.4MHz

* Power: 2kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Kledang, Ipoh, Perak

* Receiver site: Mantin, Negeri Sembilan

* Distance: 220km


In fact, initially I would like to receive MY FM 106.4MHz from Gunung Ledang (North Johor) in Mantin, but surprisingly I received Red FM 106.4MHz there.


Regarding the audio, I received Red FM 106.4MHz at Chinese Cemetery in Mantin which is not far from the catholic church when I had Ching Ming event. In 2016, Red FM was ceased broadcast and the radio station went automation mode until acquisition by Astro in September 2016. Now, Red FM frequencies become Zayan, a Malay language Muslim contemporary radio station.


Before this, I was used to receive ultra weak signal of Radio Klasik FM 88.3MHz from Gunung Kledang in Mantin (nearby now defunct BHPetrol Pajam) which was having co-channel interference from One FM 88.3MHz Bukit Gun. During that time, I only intended to receive One FM 88.3MHz from Bukit Gun (Seremban town) to test its reception quality in Mantin.


So, in the future, if possible, I can try to receive RTM Perak FM 95.6MHz from Gunung Kledang in Nilai and Mantin.

No comments:

Post a Comment