Sunday 4 October 2020

Gunung Jerai FM radio stations received in Kuala Selangor!

Today I travel to Kuala Selangor Bukit Malawati for FM DX hobby activity, in fact I traveled to this site 3 years ago. During that time, I only captured Bukit Larut radio station as the furthest signal there.


Now I receive three FM radio stations from Gunung Jerai in Kuala Selangor (Bukit Malawati), this breaks my record of FM DXing there as the furthest radio signal caught in Selangor.


I received RTM Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz, Suria FM 106.9MHz and Raaga FM 102.4MHz at top peak of Bukit Malawati nearby Baitul Hilal.

 

Baitul Hilal is the most ideal site to receive FM signal from Gunung Jerai and Bukit Larut in Kuala Selangor.

 


Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz is the most powerful Gunung Jerai radio station that I receive in Kuala Selangor today, following by Suria FM 106.9MHz, meanwhile Raaga FM 102.4MHz is hard to be received because of Asyik FM 102.5MHz Gunung Ulu Kali.

 

RTM Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz is using 5kW transmitter in Gunung Jerai. In Kuala Selangor Bukit Malawati, I can detect adjacent channel interference from Hitz FM 95.0MHz Gunung Telapak Burok.

 

The distance from Gunung Jerai to Kuala Selangor is 286km. 


For current status, Kuala Selangor is the furthest Selangor location now to receive Gunung Jerai FM radio stations signal after Sungai Ayer Tawar.

No comments:

Post a Comment