Wednesday 1 July 2020

Thailand FM 88.0MHz from Phuket received in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia?



On 30th June 2020, I saw my YouTube DXer friend recorded a Thailand radio station signal on FM 88.0MHz in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia. At the same time, I received private message from him which he sent me an audio clip of the radio signal.

In Southern Thailand, there are two radio stations operating FM 88.0MHz. Firstly, it is PSU Radio FM 88.0MHz from Songkhla, transmitted from Khao Kho Hong, Hat Yai. Secondly, it is Voice of Navy 3 FM 88.0MHz from Phuket.

When I listened to FM 88.0MHz audio clip which received in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia, the presenter mentioned the radio station name.

"Satthani Witthayu Siang Chak Thahan Ruea เสียงจากทหารเรือ" (Voice of Navy radio station).

Refer to Asiawaves.net station list, the audio clip is matched with Voice of Navy 3 (สทร.3) Phuket FM 88.0MHz.

Therefore, FM 88.0MHz Thailand radio station that my friend received is from Phuket province.

On April 2020, TP4 FM 103.0MHz from Trang, Thailand that my friend received in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia was the furthest distance FM radio station ever, now Voice of Navy 3 FM 88.0MHz from Phuket, Thailand breaks his FM DXing record.

Here is the audio clip:

According to the audio clip, FM 88.0MHz was reporting news of Navy radio, recorded in Taiping, Malaysia around 1304H (UTC+8).

==Reception report of Voice of Navy3 FM DX==
* Frequency: FM 88.0MHz
* Power: 1kW (3.8kW ERP)
* Transmitting location: Tambon Wichit, Mueang Phuket district, Phuket province, Thailand
* Receiving location: Taiping, Perak, Malaysia
* Distance: 424km
* Receiving date/time: 30th June 2020 1304H (UTC+8)
* Signal condition: Weak
* SINPO: 23433

Well-done and congratulations to Kason Kong for his excellent signal catch of Voice of Navy 3 (สทร.3) FM 88.0MHz from Phuket, Thailand in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia.

In respect to this excellent and impressive FM DXing in Taiping by Kason Kong, I will consider to add Voice of Navy 3 (สทร.3) FM 88.0MHz Phuket into my log list of FM DXing in Tanjung Piandang and Kuala Kurau, Perak, and I will try to record the footage of receiving FM 88.0MHz from Phuket there on 31.08.2020.

Voice of Navy 3 (สทร.3) Phuket has also AM frequency 1458kHz, I could receive it in Balakong, Malaysia where it is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment