Monday 9 October 2023

THR Raaga FM 102.4MHz from Gunung Jerai is the furthest radio station tuned in Chenderiang, Perak with 191km receiving distance.

After conducting radio DXing in Central Perak locations such as Seri Iskandar, Tronoh, Bota and Ayer Tawar yesterday, I dropped by Chenderiang when I departed to Balakong where is my home. The purpose of visiting Chenderiang after Central Perak was to film two radio stations from Gunung Ulu Kali such as Traxx FM 100.1MHz (my favorite) and Asyik FM 102.5MHz.


Traxx FM 100.1MHz is clearer than 90.1MHz in Chenderiang, that's good. However, Chenderiang has many Orang Asli people, so I never forgot to check the radio signal of RTM Asyik FM 102.5MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali there.


When I was DXing RTM Asyik FM 102.5MHz signal in Chenderiang, I heard unknown interference noise on my TECSUN PL-380 radio receiver and I slowly tuned the radio dial near 102.5MHz, I heard the adjacent signal of Raaga FM 102.4MHz. Hence, I got into my car to check Raaga FM 102.4MHz signal.


Yes, I could detect Raaga FM 102.4MHz in Chenderiang, the signal is transmitted from Gunung Jerai. By calculating the receiving distance, it is 191km from Gunung Jerai to Chenderiang, becoming the furthest radio station received there.


In Chenderiang, I could only receive radio stations signal clearly from Changkat Rembian. Gunung Ulu Kali transmitted radio signal is moderate there, meanwhile Gunung Kledang signal is weak. No signal from Bukit Larut can be tuned in Chenderiang, but I unexpectedly received Raaga 102.4 from Gunung Jerai.


Raaga FM 102.4MHz from Gunung Jerai and Asyik FM 102.5MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali are interfering each other in Chenderiang, Perak.


==Raaga FM 102.4MHz DXing report in Chenderiang, Perak==

* Frequency: FM 102.4MHz

* Power: 1kW

* Transmitter site: Gunung Jerai, Kedah

* Receiving site: Chenderiang, Perak

* Distance: 191km


For your information, Chenderiang is a small town in Batang Padang district, Perak where it is located near Tapah and Temoh. This town is majority of Chinese and Orang Asli people.


(EXTRA) Other DX radio stations received in Chenderiang, Perak on 8th October 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment