Sunday 29 October 2023

FM Radio DXing & Travel Log: Sungai Lembing, Pahang

On 29th October 2023, I go to Sungai Lembing, Pahang to conduct radio signal monitoring for half day. In addition, I also enjoy the local food there as my breakfast.




Before starting the radio signal monitoring activity, I ate Sungai Lembing curry noodle at a Chinese food court with Yong Tau Foo, that's yummy. 

 



This radio DXing convoy was originally planned for March or June 2024 in my DXing schedule, but I make it today suddenly. Initially I go to Kuala Lipis today, however I decide to swap with Sungai Lembing because I never come to Sungai Lembing before.


From my home in Balakong to Sungai Lembing, without traffic congestion, it takes only 3 hours and 15 minutes.


About radio DXing, there are nothing special in Sungai Lembing because the town is full of hills and terrains. No signal can be heard when I tune any frequencies from Gunung Ulu Kali, Bukit Istana, Gunung Telapak Buruk and Bukit Senggora.

 

I attempted receiving Eight FM 88.1MHz, BFM 89.9 and Raaga FM 99.3MHz in Sungai Lembing, but no signal.


In Sungai Lembing, I can only listen to the radio stations which transmitted from Bukit Pelindung (Kuantan), meanwhile Terengganu FM 90.7MHz is the only DX radio station there.



RTM Pahang FM has two frequencies in Kuantan district, 104.1MHz Bukit Pelindung is for Kuantan and Pekan, meanwhile 95.5MHz Bukit Sulai is for Gambang, Chini and Sri Jaya to solve the co-channel interference between Pahang FM and Best FM on 104.1MHz. 

 

Pahang FM is tuned on 104.1MHz in Sungai Lembing, meanwhile 95.5MHz Bukit Sulai is very weak there. The signal of Pahang FM 104.1MHz Bukit Pelindung is clearer than 95.5MHz Bukit Sulai in Sungai Lembing.


I film 6 radio signal videos in Sungai Lembing, 5 are from Bukit Pelindung and 1 is from Bukit Kemuning.


After FM DXing, I visit Sungai Lembing museum before departing to Kuala Lumpur.








































No comments:

Post a Comment