Saturday 1 August 2020

My FM DXing activities during Hari Raya Aidiladha 2020 holiday.

Salam Aidiladha to my Muslim reader from Philip DXing Log Malaysia.

On 31.07.2020, it was Hari Raya Aidiladha holiday. Before that, I made a plan to make FM/MW DXing in new location outside Klang Valley.

Initially I would like to visit my Malay friend's house to make as Aidilfitri visit replacement as I could not go anywhere due to MCO (Movement Control Order) and COVID-19 Pandemic. Then, I was told that my friend would go to Muar, but quite many people. As COVID-19 pandemic is not getting lost yet, I suddenly withdrew the initial plan and searched a replacement for Muar trip.

Hence, I made a decision to travel Northwest Selangor areas such as:
1. Sabak Bernam
2. Sungai Besar
3. Sekinchan
4. Tanjung Karang
5. Kuala Selangor
6. Sungai Ayer Tawar

I made FM DXing videos there.

Initially, I targeted to capture Thailand FM radio stations signal in Sungai Ayer Tawar such as Radio Thailand Satun FM 99.5MHz and MCOT Satun FM 93.25MHz because I caught them in Teluk Intan and Sitiawan during Chinese New Year 2020 festival. In fact, I get nothing signal from Thailand on FM 93.25MHz and 99.5MHz in Sungai Ayer Tawar.

Since I could not get Thailand FM signal in Sungai Ayer Tawar, and it was impossible. Therefore, I substitute my FM DXing project with local stations.




For FM DXing that I made during Hari Raya Aidiladha 2020, here is my priority radio stations and frequencies.

1. Perak FM 95.6MHz Gunung Kledang
2. THR Raaga FM 102.1MHz Bukit Larut
3. CityPlus FM 106.0MHz Gunung Telapak Burok

In Sungai Ayer Tawar, I received two FM radio stations signal from Gunung Jerai by using TECSUN PL-380, they are Zayan FM 98.1MHz and Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz. Seriously saying that Sungai Ayer Tawar is the only area in Selangor where can receive radio signal weakly from Gunung Jerai.

Fly FM must be tuned via 87.9MHz from Gunung Kledang in Sabak Bernam because 95.8MHz Gunung Ulu Kali reception is not clear there.

The most impressive radio stations that I caught in Northwest Selangor are Perak FM 95.6MHz Gunung Kledang, Raaga FM 102.1MHz Bukit Larut, Mix FM 91.3MHz Bukit Larut and two Gunung Jerai radio stations that I mentioned above this paragraph.

In Sabak Bernam, Sungai Ayer Tawar and Sungai Besar, radio stations from Gunung Kledang can be received loudly and clearly. Raaga FM 97.9MHz Gunung Kledang begins to have co-channel interference with Melody FM 97.9MHz Gunung Telapak Burok in Sungai Besar, but its Taiping frequency FM 102.1MHz from Bukit Larut is still steady, and it is more stable than 97.9MHz in Sungai Besar.

While most of Bukit Larut radio stations signal that I caught in Sabak Bernam and Sungai Besar are in MONO, but surprisingly I could get Mix FM 91.3MHz from Bukit Larut with STEREO indicator signal in Sungai Besar, Selangor.

Next, in SEKINCHAN, RTM Perak FM 95.6MHz Gunung Kledang reception is still fine there, and it shows STEREO signal on my buddy TECSUN PL-380.

For Perak FM 95.6MHz from Gunung Kledang, actually it can be listened loudly and clearly from Sabak Bernam until Sekinchan, but signal goes faded when reach Tanjung Karang.

Raaga FM 102.1MHz Bukit Larut can be received until Sekinchan, and it starts to have interference with Pahang FM 102.2MHz from Fraser's Hill in Tanjung Karang. When I was in Kuala Selangor, I got RAAGA FM 102.1MHz and PAHANG FM 102.2MHz, I could detect that they're interfering each other. The interference between Raaga FM 102.1MHz Bukit Larut and RTM Pahang FM 102.2MHz Fraser's Hill reminds me the interference between Radio Thailand Songkhla FM 90.5MHz and RTM Kedah FM 90.5MHz Bukit Palong in Alor Setar, Kedah.











As I made about 51 FM DXing videos during Hari Raya Aidiladha 2020 holiday, it is impossible that I publish individual videos here from YouTube, instead I will publish a playlist which all FM DXing videos in Sabak Bernam, Sungai Ayer Tawar, Sekinchan, Sungai Besar, Bukit Rotan, Ijok, Tanjung Karang and Kuala Selangor are compiled into a playlist.

Here is my YouTube playlist of 51 videos, named Hari Raya Aidiladha 2020 FM DXing videos.


I use three radio receivers in the footage that I made.

1. TECSUN PL-380
2. Samsung Galaxy V Plus
3. Perodua Axia radio (with USB + Bluetooth)

I hope you will have impression on FM DXing by watching these videos. Please don't forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE my YouTube channel, Philip Yong DXer Malaysia for more DX videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment