Saturday 14 April 2018

My review of Lite FM (Malaysia)

Here is my former favorite radio station that I listened half decade ago, it is Lite FM. What I hear on this radio station during early days was classic songs from 1960s till 1990s. 

Formerly known as Light & Easy, I loved the station because there were many favorite oldies from 1970s, especially Bee Gees, Lobo, ABBA and Boney M.

In 2012, I loved to listen to Lite FM when I get tired with other young oriented radio station. The reason that I listened to Lite FM is because of oldies, my intention was to keep my listening all variety. In addition, I also reached away from listening to modern music too for temporary moment.
Classic Triple Play was my favorite on Lite FM which played 60s and 70s. Unfortunately, Lite had withdrawn all 60s and 70s from its playlist. I did not mind much that time as Lite played 80s and 90s.

I like to hear classic hits on Lite FM, but what I hate the most is Lite FM plays new songs such as Bruno Mars, Adele, Sam Smith, and Charlie Puth where are available on Mix. When Lite FM plays new songs where already exist on sister stations such as Hitz and Mix, so it makes internal competition among each other.

Lite FM plays new songs to attract younger listeners. In my opinion, this initiative is partially fault. Younger listeners listen to Lite normally just to listen to the classic songs. Although I'm a youngster aged 24, but I liked to listen to classic hits from 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. 

Moreover, Lite playlist also makes me tired because of new songs and same old songs, repeating over again! Even less 1970s and 1980s on Lite FM. Because Lite FM keeps on playing new songs like Adele, Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, and Charlie Puth, even Justin Bieber where are below my expecations much, I did not listen to Lite anymore since 2016. When I would like to listen to classic hits from 1960s till 1980s, I do not only have cassette, CDs and mp3s with myself, Pick of The Pops on BFM 89.9 is another replacement of Lite FM to me.

Pick of The Pops on BFM 89.9 plays classic hits from 1960s till 1980s, hosted by Patrick Teoh on every Saturday 2pm till 4pm. I usually listen to the program via podcast after Saturday 6pm onwards, I never miss any part of programs yet. Now, I become the loyal listener.

Lite shall return more classic hits from 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, but Lite shall halt 2000s, crappy and today songs to avoid internal competition with Mix. I would be feeling very appreciated if Lite plays classic hits from 1960s till 1990s, minus 2000s and 2010s.

4 comments:

  1. I agree what you said, this radio used to play from the 50s too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lite FM. Do the DJ's listen to the songs they play? Nearly every tune played is marred by jumping. You repeat the same stuff every day and it's boring. Your condescending advice is an insult to listeners intelligence and the adverts are mega annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekends supposed to be relaxing and peaceful BUT songs played during weekends really drives one up the wall SO NOISY!!! Spoils weekend mood. At least a mixture BUT 90% banging and shouting music 😓😓

    ReplyDelete