Thursday 10 October 2024

(Preliminary Analysis) Is Sabah VFM receivable in Long Lama and Marudi, Sarawak via 102.9MHz from Bukit Tampalagus?

6 months ago, I went to Bintulu and Miri, Sarawak during Hari Raya Aidilfitri holiday. Back then, I had visited Sebauh, Bintulu, Tatau, Batu Niah, Bekenu and Miri.


When I was in Bekenu, I had captured Sabah VFM 102.9MHz signal from Bukit Tampalagus which covers Sipitang, Labuan, Lawas and part of Brunei. 

Bekenu is a small town, located between Miri and Batu Niah. In Bekenu, Sabah VFM 102.9MHz (Bukit Tampalagus) signal that I caught was very mild, meanwhile I received nothing signal in Miri town on that frequency, however I'm getting interested of tuning Sabah VFM in Long Lama and Marudi.


Based on the radio reception video of Sabah VFM 102.9MHz in Bekenu, I may not think that I can receive Sabah VFM in Long Lama and Marudi where are more deeper than Miri, Batu Niah and Bekenu. This is because there are many terrains (mountains) in between Bukit Tampalagus and Long Lama, as well as Marudi.


The height of Bukit Tampalagus is approximately 280m above the sea, meanwhile the height of the mountains between Bukit Tampalagus and Long Lama are more than 500m above sea level, so it is impossible to DX Sabah VFM 102.9MHz in Long Lama and Marudi.




In addition, I also used the simulated RF coverage map to inspect the coverage availablity of Sabah VFM 102.9MHz Bukit Tampalagus transmitter with the required minimum field strength 54dBµV/m, no coverage of this radio station in Long Lama and Marudi, the coverage of Sabah VFM is only available in Sipitang, Lawas, Labuan, part of Limbang and Brunei.





So, the possibility of Sabah VFM 102.9MHz coverage availability in Long Lama and Marudi is very low. Inversely if I can receive the signal in these 2 locations, but there are no potential listeners because Long Lama and Marudi have no Sabahan speakers.


(UPDATE) No signal of Sabah VFM 102.9MHz in Marudi, Sarawak, video is provided by My Marudian Channel. Thanks to My Marudian Channel for the video.

 

By watching the short video of tuning Sabah VFM 102.9MHz in Marudi which filmed by My Marudian Channel, it is definitely impossible to tune this radio station in Long Lama, somewhat it is already very weak in Bekenu and coastal areas of Miri town.

No comments:

Post a Comment