Monday 14 March 2022

Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz received in Bandar Seri Jempol, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. Most difficult FM DX signal monitoring ever due to interference noise from Johor FM 105.3MHz Gunung Ledang transmitter.

 

The Indonesia public radio station based in Batam, known as Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz, can be received in Batam, Singapore and Malaysia's Southern Johor.

 

My friend was used to receive RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Segamat where located in Northeast Johor, however I break the DX record of receiving RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Malaysia in terms of distance.

 

On 13th March 2022, alongside Jelebu, I also dropped by Bandar Seri Jempol before visiting Batu Kikir and Kuala Pilah. From Simpang Durian to Batu Kikir, I was monitoring Pahang FM 102.2MHz (Bukit Fraser), Melaka FM 102.3MHz (Gunung Ledang) and Johor FM 105.3MHz (Gunung Ledang) signal, then I randomly tuned my radio frequency dial to FM 105.1MHz in Serting Tengah, I heard very weak signal of RRI Batam PRO-1.

 

Initially I would like to stop at the road side in Serting Tengah to record the signal, but due to road safety, I didn't make it in order to take care of myself and other road users. In addition, RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz signal was extremely bad and quickly disappeared in Serting Tengah, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

 

Interference signal along the road between Serting Tengah and Air Hitam is heard on FM 105.1MHz. I couldn't record the video because RRI Batam PRO-1 propagation was very short.


Then, I drove to Bandar Seri Jempol, some signal was heard on FM 105.1MHz nearby the public park.


Hence, I received the signal of RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz at Taman Awam Bandar Seri Jempol (the public park) to substitute Serting Tengah.


Signal propagation didn't hold long when I tuned to RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz in Bandar Seri Jempol, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.


Fortunately, I recorded RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz signal at the public park, but the radio station was airing Muslim's afternoon prayer (Azan Zuhur). 

 

Better than nothing!

Signal was very weak and difficult to be heard in Bandar Seri Jempol, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia because it was rapidly disappeared, caused I needed more time to hear the propagation like fishing. Besides that, adjacent channel interference from RTM Johor FM 105.3MHz Gunung Ledang transmitter was detected.

 

Bandar Seri Jempol is my very first Negeri Sembilan location to receive Radio Republik Indonesia RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz.

 

Compare to the receiving Indonesia radio stations in Teluk Intan, Sitiawan and Bagan Datuk which I did during Chinese New Year holidays in 2022, RRI Batam PRO-1 FM 105.1MHz reception in Bandar Seri Jempol is the most difficult FM DX ever in the history.

 

- Frequency: FM 105.1MHz

- Power: 5kW

- Transmission site: Sekupang, Batam City, Riau Islands, Indonesia

- Receiving site: Bandar Seri Jempol, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

- Distance: 261km

- Receiving date/time: 13.03.2022 1314H (UTC+8)

No comments:

Post a Comment