Monday 14 March 2022

Indonesia FM radio stations from Pekanbaru City received in Pantai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia

On 13th March 2022, I rolled out FM DXing activities again by revisiting several locations in Negeri Sembilan state, Malaysia.


Jelebu is my core location of FM DXing for March 2022, meanwhile Jempol and Kuala Pilah are my side trip.


From Balakong to Jelebu, I will usually pass through Mantin because I go through Lenggeng when driving to Kuala Klawang which is nearer than going via Seremban. After Lenggeng, I pass by Pantai.

 

Before Jeram Toi, when I drove uphill from Pantai to Kuala Klawang, I randomly tuned to any radio stations by pressing the dial to MY FM 101.8MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali. In between Pantai and Jeram Toi, I heard the co-channel interference on FM 101.8MHz suddenly.

 

MY FM and an unknown radio station which broadcast in either Malay or Indonesian, are clashing each other on the frequency FM 101.8MHz.


To identify the radio station, I decided to stop my car at a side and recorded the videos.


FM 101.8MHz was Smart FM from Pekanbaru, Indonesia. Alongside Smart FM Pekanbaru, I also caught Radio Republik Indonesia RRI PRO-1 on FM 99.1MHz too.


Transmission distance from Pekanbaru, Riau Province, Indonesia to Pantai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia is about 265km.


RRI Pekanbaru PRO-1 FM 99.1MHz signal was quite clear at the uphill road in Pantai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia, meanwhile Smart FM 101.8MHz signal was bad due to interference with MY FM 101.8MHz from Gunung Ulu Kali.


Apart of Smart FM 101.8MHz and RRI Pekanbaru PRO-1 FM 99.1MHz, I also caught FM 100.5MHz from Pekanbaru when MY FM 100.6MHz Gunung Telapak Burok signal was weak, but I couldn't record it under consideration of traffic safety, and the signal was quickly disappeared.


The signal of FM 99.1MHz and FM 101.8MHz from Pekanbaru, Indonesia were quickly faded and disappeared once entering Jeram Toi and Jelebu district.

No comments:

Post a Comment