Saturday 1 May 2021

Traxx FM Bukit Bakar transmitter frequency is changed from 98.5MHz to 98.7MHz?

 


Few days ago, I received a message from Kelantan DXer and I was informed that Traxx FM Central Kelantan (Machang) frequency from Bukit Bakar transmitter was changed from 98.5MHz to 98.7MHz suddenly.

 

Seriously I have no idea that why did RTM change Traxx FM Bukit Bakar frequency to 98.7MHz.

 

With such frequency change, I also concern about interference to Nasional FM 98.8MHz Bukit Bintang coverage in Besut, Terengganu.

 

Few questions of Traxx FM frequency change of Bukit Bakar transmitter: 

 

1. Is it an accidentally change by Telekom guy? Despite license frequency is FM 98.5MHz.

2. Why did RTM Traxx FM change Bukit Bakar frequency to 98.7MHz suddenly?

3. Does the frequency change because of interference to Melody FM 98.5MHz Gunung Kledang coverage in Central Perak? (In fact, Bukit Bakar transmission can't reach Perak)

4.  Does the frequency change because of interference to Radio Thailand Narathiwat FM 98.25MHz?

 

FM 98.7MHz Bukit Bakar is same frequency as Gunung Jerai, so people who travel from Kedah to Kelantan don't need to change frequency like Hitz FM 92.8MHz? 

 

After I received the news, I already predict Traxx FM Bukit Bakar transmission on 98.7MHz will give the impact badly to Nasional FM 98.8MHz coverage.

 

In term of history, Traxx FM (Radio 4) FM 98.5MHz Bukit Bakar is in service since 1985, it has been 36 years in transmission actually, but I don't understand the sudden frequency change to 98.7MHz.

 

I will send the footage to RTM engineer department for further investigation.

 

Hereby I will share the videos of frequency change, and the interference impact to Nasional FM 98.8MHz in Bachok, Kelantan where I received the videos from Kelantan DXers.


No comments:

Post a Comment