Saturday 20 June 2020

World Christian Broadcast KNLS from Anchor Point, Alaska, USA breaks my record to receive furthest distance of shortwave radio signal in Malaysia.

In the past, I never received any shortwave radio stations with the distance more than 10000km in Malaysia, but now I get a shortwave radio station which I receive the signal 10000km away from transmitter site.

It is USA Alaska based KNLS (World Christian Broadcast), I receive this radio station today and yesterday on these frequencies below:

- SW 9580kHz (Russian and English) on 1000-1200hours (UTC) and 1400-1500 hours (UTC)
- SW 9735kHz (Chinese) on 1100-1200 hours (UTC)
- SW 9795kHz (English) on 1200-1300 hours (UTC)

As my Thailand friend received KNLS from Alaska in Thailand, so I tried to check the signal, then I got it.

I received KNLS at my home in Balakong, Malaysia (20km from Kuala Lumpur), the distance from Anchor Point, Alaska, United States of America (U.S.A.) is 10632km, the transmission power of KNLS is 100kW. Here are the footage:





This breaks my record of receive shortwave radio stations in terms of distance. KNLS, the furthest shortwave radio station that I captured in Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment