Sunday 3 May 2020

FM DXing in Kerian district (PART 1): IKIM FM 102.7MHz Bukit Genting received in Parit Buntar, Perak (December 2013)

As the whole world is suffering COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic including my country Malaysia, a lot of working operations and personal activities (including holiday vacancy traveling) are cancelled and delayed, hence everyone must stay at home to break COVID-19 chain.

I had a plan to travel to Betong, Thailand with my mother personally on 1st May 2020, but I revoke the plan due to COVID-19 outbreak, then I attempted to plan for Kerian trip (Parit Buntar, Bagan Serai, Tanjung Piandang and Kuala Kurau) on May 2020 or June 2020, but because COVID-19 chain is not broken yet, so I can't plan the trip at short moment. 

I understand that it is very disappointing, even I feel disappointed with the situation, however our health and safety are the top priority. Our life is the most important than everything, because there is no "Take Two" of our life. For Kerian district trip, I can go after COVID-19 pandemic is fully solved, initially target 31st August 2020, 2 days 1 night trip, subject to the condition.

Coincidentally, I suddenly search one of my old FM DXing video today where I recorded in Parit Buntar town, Perak on December 2013 (uploaded on February 2014) by using Sony Xperia Tipo (poor camera quality smartphone, only 3.2 megapixels.



It was IKIM FM 102.7MHz from Bukit Genting that I received in Parit Buntar, Perak while my family and I went back to KL from Penang. 

According to the video, in fact the receiving signal of IKIM FM 102.7MHz from Bukit Genting (Balik Pulau, Penang) was not clear in Parit Buntar town, Perak, then I tried to receive FM 89.0MHz (Celcom Lower Jerai tower in 2013), no signal is available.

IKIM FM 102.7MHz signal had static in Parit Buntar, but IKIM FM is now available in Parit Buntar loudly and clearly by tuning newly upgraded FM 89.0MHz from Gunung Jerai (Upper peak tower) since June 2016. Therefore, the receiving signal of IKIM FM 89.0MHz from Gunung Jerai (Upper peak tower) is much clearer and louder than 102.7MHz from Bukit Genting in Parit Buntar.

==IKIM FM DXing in Parit Buntar, Perak (2013)==
- Frequency: FM 102.7MHz 
- Power: 500W (equal to 0.5kW)
- Transmission site: Bukit Genting, Penang 
- Receiving site: Parit Buntar, Perak 
- Distance: 36km 

In Parit Buntar, Bukit Larut, Gunung Jerai and Bukit Penara radio stations are available, also with weaker Bukit Genting, Gunung Ulu Kali and Gunung Kledang stations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment