Monday 3 February 2020

My listening and DXing experience of Thailand FM radio stations in Perak, Malaysia (PART 2: Teluk Intan)

After PART 1 in Sitiawan, let's move on to PART 2. In my opinion, this PART 2 article of receiving Thailand FM radio stations in Perak, Malaysia is the most impressive FM DXing ever. In the past years, Gunung Jerai is the furthest radio station that I received in Teluk Intan where its distance is 206km, following by Gunung Telapak Burok where distance is 177km only.


Sungai Perak/Perak River in Teluk Intan, Perak (the location that I received 3 Thailand FM radio stations from Satun and Yala)


Teluk Intan is also part of my hometown, it's my mother's actual hometown, so I usually go there twice annually. I definitely come to Teluk Intan every Chinese New Year celebration.

For 2020 Chinese New Year, Gunung Jerai is no longer classified as furthest radio station that I received in Teluk Intan anymore in my FM DXing record, now Satun Thailand is the furthest radio station signal that I received in Teluk Intan, then following by Yala Thailand.

In the past, I never been used to receive any Thailand FM radio stations in Teluk Intan, Malaysia, but I received three Thailand FM radio stations there on January 2020. There are:

1. Radio Thailand Satun FM 99.5MHz
2. MCOT Satun FM 93.25MHz
3. Radio Thailand Yala FM 95.0MHz

In Teluk Intan, I captured Radio Thailand Satun FM 99.5MHz, MCOT Satun FM 93.25MHz and Radio Thailand Yala FM 95.0MHz nearby Perak River, especially evening and morning during tropospheric propagation.

On another day, I caught MCOT Satun FM 93.2MHz and Radio Thailand Satun FM 99.5MHz at Jalan Sithambaram Pillay (nearby river) in the car after I had breakfast at Teck Kee Dim Sum restaurant with family members, they were quite loud seriously. MCOT FM 93.25MHz is obviously faded rapidly when the car moved and interfered by RTM Nasional FM 93.1MHz from Gunung Brinchang. The distance from Tambon Khuan Khan, Satun, Thailand to Teluk Intan, Perak, Malaysia is 310km.

Besides that, I captured Radio Thailand Yala FM 95.0MHz at nearby Perak River in Teluk Intan in the sunny morning, the radio station broadcasts in Pattani Malay language. It is very difficult to capture its signal there, somehow I could hear interference noise from another distant radio station RTM Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz Gunung Jerai there. When I received Radio Thailand Yala FM 95.0MHz in Teluk Intan, I could detect the interference between Radio Klasik FM 94.9MHz Gunung Jerai and Radio Yala FM 95.0MHz on my radio receiver TECSUN PL-380 once if I moved.


  

Yes, I finally received Thailand FM radio signals in Teluk Intan, Perak. Therefore, the next could be in Bagan Datuk and Selangor Sabak Bernam/Sungai Ayer Tawar? I will try it on May 2020 in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidilfitri festival. 

Next, I will continue for PART 3, the next article will be in Ipoh, Perak.

No comments:

Post a Comment