Saturday 28 September 2019

FM 102.0MHz unknown radio station spotted in Linggi (Negeri Sembilan) and Lubuk China (Melaka)

On 5th June 2019, it was Hari Raya Aidilfitri festival in Malaysia. I had spotted FM 102.0MHz unknown radio station signal in Pedas Linggi rest station, Negeri Sembilan which the station transmits in silent mode. At the same time, I had spotted its RDS information and radio text of FM 102.0MHz on my Samsung Galaxy V Plus smartphone radio receiver.

==FM 102.0MHz Pedas Linggi information==
- RDS PS: TEST
- Radio Text: SmartGen 6.0 - Dynamic RDS/RBDS Encoder - WWW.DEVABROADCAST.COM
- Station condition: Signal on, but no audio output from audio processor


I had spotted FM 102.0MHz transmission was equipped with DEVA Broadcast SmartGen 6.0 - Dynamic RDS/RBDS Encoder. Videos were recorded as evidence for further investigation. After I recorded the particular radio station signal, I sent these videos to Malaysia Communications Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to verify that where did FM 102.0MHz come from. Sadly I was told by MCMC that "No transmission on FM 102.0MHz in Negeri Sembilan", this meant that I was not success to find out the findings of this frequency.

Besides Rembau and Pedas, somebody sent me few videos of FM 102.0MHz silent radio station where they spotted in Lubuk China and Linggi personally, so I decided to help them to upload to YouTube as evidence.

Compare to Tampin, FM 102.0MHz was clearer in Pedas and Linggi than Tampin and Kota. So, FM 102.0MHz is not from Bukit Tampin as I mentioned previously on June blog, but I already guessed it may be from Pedas. On previous blog post of June 2019, I had mentioned FM 102.0MHz could belong to RTM where I might suspect RTM Negeri FM would add gap filler transmitter in Pedas on 102.0MHz because Negeri FM reception is not good in Pedas on 92.6, 95.7 and 107.7, so I might think Negeri FM 102.0MHz will be better in Pedas. Suspecting something did not mean to conclude, therefore I tried to ask RTM engineer for FM 102.0MHz transmission. I was told that FM 102.0MHz was not belonged to RTM yet in Negeri Sembilan, the engineers told me that Negeri FM frequency in Pedas is either 92.6MHz Gunung Telapak Burok or 95.7MHz Bukit Tampin.

The videos that I received shows that FM 102.0MHz reception is quite stable and clear in Linggi and Lubuk Cina. In addition, one of video also shows that FM 102.0MHz RDS text "TEST" appeared on his Proton Saga radio receiver when he drove from Seremban to Johor.

 Since FM 102.0MHz unknown transmission in Negeri Sembilan is considered as "unresolved case" which has no exact findings, I don't decide to conclude this blog post.

Few questions are issued where I think about FM 102.0MHz:

Question 1: If RTM confirms that FM 102.0MHz is belonged to RTM in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan, it is possible Negeri FM to use the frequency, but will RTM close down Negeri FM Bukit Tampin FM 95.7MHz as Tampin can receive 107.7MHz Gunung Ledang clearly? Then 102.0MHz substitutes 95.7MHz for Rembau area?

Question 2: If RTM claims that FM 102.0MHz is not belonged to RTM in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan, who else broadcasts on the frequency FM 102.0MHz within Negeri Sembilan? 

Question 2: If there is no apparatus assignment list of FM 102.0MHz on regulator official website, could be FM 102.0MHz classified as "unlicensed apparatus" aka "unlicensed broadcast", as FM frequency from 87.5-108MHz is licensed band by MCMC?

Question 3: If a broadcaster operates FM 102.0MHz in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan without MCMC knowledge, is it against the law for not applying apparatus assignment?

Question 4: The frequency FM 102.0MHz has been on transmission in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan for more than 2 years, would it breach MCMC apparatus assignment regulations?

Question 5: What is the purpose of FM 102.0MHz testing in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan for more than 2 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment