Saturday 21 September 2019

CityPlus FM 92.5MHz from Kuching can be received in Sibu, Sarawak?





CityPlus FM 92.5MHz is a Chinese business radio station based in Kuching, Sarawak. It is transmitted from Bukit Djin, mainly for Kuching. It can be received in Serian, Bau, Sebangan, Simunjan, Siburan and Kota Samarahan.

Surprisingly, CityPlus FM 92.5MHz from Bukit Djin can be received in Sibu, Sarawak. On 16th September 2019, I went to Sibu for business event. After I landed Sibu airport, I went to the town by Grab Car. So, I asked permission from Grab driver for borrowing radio. Then, I tried to tune to FM 92.5MHz in Sibu.

From Sibu airport to Sibu town, it takes 20-25 minutes. While I was on my way to Sibu town, I could receive CityPlus FM 92.5MHz from Kuching at the midway between airport and town. When I reached Sibu town, CityPlus FM 92.5MHz became no signal. For your information, CityPlus FM 92.5MHz is only available in part of Sibu, but the reception is subject to the location and radio receiver quality.

Here is the video that I recorded in Sibu midway:



Distance between Sibu to Bukit Djin is about 190km.

Besides Sibu, I received a video from my friend that he received CityPlus FM 92.5MHz in Sri Aman, Sarawak.


No comments:

Post a Comment