Tuesday 11 June 2019

Overview: FM 102.0MHz Pedas Linggi, Negeri Sembilan DEVA Broadcast SmartGen 6.0 Dynamic RDS/RBDS encoder



By PHILIP YONG
philipyong0110@gmail.com

On last week, I detected FM 102.0MHz silent radio station signal in Pedas Linggi that I mentioned on previous blog post.



During that time, I was going to Bakri Muar to visit my Malay friend in conjunction with Raya celebration, I realized that it was too early to arrive there as my friend was performing morning prayer. So, I chose to delay arrival time. Although it took 2 to 2.25 hours that I drove from Serdang to Muar, but because of FM 102.0MHz unknown radio station when I entered Pedas Linggi, therefore I already planned to stop at Hentian Sebelah Pedas Linggi to take the audio and video.



Surprisingly, I got its RDS text on FM 102.0MHz via Samsung Galaxy V Plus mobile phone. Few second later, detail information of FM 102.0MHz was appeared on the radio. As I mentioned on previous blog post, while FM 102.0MHz showed its program service (PS) name as TEST, it showed its radio text few seconds later after the PS "TEST" appeared.

Its radio text showed "SmartGen 6.0 - Dynamic RDS/RBDS Encoder - WWW.DEVABROADCAST.COM".



Wow! This unknown radio station is using DEVA Broadcast product, imported from Bulgaria, but technically radio broadcaster shall not disclose its RDS encoder name via RDS text because it is considered as private and confidential, somehow this shall not be happened. Moreover, I believed the broadcast owner of FM 102.0MHz forgot to erase its radio text information, it is common if Broadcast RDS or STEREO processor information appeared on radio text because it is default setting when newly purchase. 

Talking about SmartGen 6.0 RDS encoder, actually it is the latest DEVA Broadcast SmartGen series RDS encoder, meanwhile SmartGen 5.0 and below are considered older model. Beside DEVA Broadcast SmartGen series, the Bulgarian company does have other RDS encoder model such as DB-9000, DB-6000 STC, DB-6400, DB-7000.

Here is the overview of DEVA Broadcast SmartGen 6.0 that FM 102.0MHz is using in Pedas, Negeri Sembilan:


The brochure of DEVA Broadcast SmartGen 6.0 Dynamic RDS/RBDS encoder:






No comments:

Post a Comment