Friday 11 January 2019

My suggestion on BFM 89.9 programmes schedule changes





Until today, BFM 89.9 weekdays programs from Morning Run till Enterprise, then Enterprise to The Bigger Picture, and The Bigger Picture to Evening Edition, the programs are good enough.

After weekdays 8pm, the programs are filled by repeat of BFM 89.9 Weekend Supplement, also with Ross football shows (On The Ball and Off The Ball). 

==BFM 8pm-11pm weekdays programs (since December 2018)==

* Monday: 8pm Off The Ball, 9pm Science vs., 10pm Wavelength (Repeat)
* Tuesday: 8pm I Love KL, 9pm A Bit of Culture, 10pm 33RPM
* Wednesday: 8pm BBC World Service, 9pm Style File, 10pm (music)
* Thursday: 8pm Bar None, 9pm Night School, 10pm Take Five
* Friday: 8pm On The Ball, 9pm Every Little Thing, 10pm The Flow (Repeat)

Because At The Movies and Bookmark were axed since December 2018, then At The Movies slot (which was originally from 7pm till 8pm) is filled by Evening Edition Talkback from 7pm till 8pm on weekdays, meanwhile Bookmark slot was replaced by BBC World Service from 8pm till 9pm on Wednesday.

I do listen most of programs after 8pm, especially on Tuesday and Thursday, meanwhile I seldom listen on the rest of the days. Seriously say that, I feel dull when Wednesday 8pm program is filled by BBC World Service.

BBC World Service program on Wednesday 8pm sounds very dull to me, I don't turn on radio at that time. In the morning, I listened to serious things, Breakfast Grille and current affairs breakfast program, Morning Run when I'm in the car while going to office, then Evening Edition after the office hours. After 8pm, I do listen to some thing "me hours" and "less seriousness" programs by weekend supplement programs such as A Bit Of Culture, I Love KL, Take Five, 33 RPM and Night School, meanwhile sometimes I do listen to Style File.

Weekdays consist 5 days, from Monday to Friday. Actually BFM shall allocate 1 day with repeat of weekend music supplement. From 8pm till 10pm, 4 days are repeat of talk show, meanwhile 1 day is repeat of music program.

At the same time, I noticed that there is no replacement slot on Wednesday 10pm after Muddy Confluence Music Companion went farewell with final episodes last year, less logic to put talk shows at 10pm. 

Comes to 2019. New year, new thing, new program slot.

In my opinion, BFM post-8pm programs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday look good, but BFM 89.9 shall reallocate Wednesday post-8pm programs.

BBC World Service shall be axed on Wednesday, then Style File (Repeat) can be filled on Wednesday 8pm, then Pick of The Pops (repeat) can be filled on Wednesday 9pm. Style File and Pick of The Pops are BFM 89.9 weekend supplements which produced by Ms. Adeline Choong. I think this can become a perfect match to put them on Wednesday 8pm-11pm.

Back of October 2016, BFM 89.9 That Time of Night and rest of weekend supplements were exchanged time slot. Originally That Time of Night was on 8pm, then the rest were 9pm. After the exchange, That Time of Night was on 9pm, but the change caused Pick of The Pops had no longer repeat. In the past, Pick of The Pops (repeat) was on Monday 9pm.

I usually listened to Pick of The Pops on every Monday 9pm. After the repeat program was axed, I listened to the show via podcast by downloading at office computer. Then, I played it on Saturday 6pm till 8pm, flexible hours that I arranged.

More than 2 years that Pick of The Pops has no repeat on weekdays, although it doesn't affect me much, but I still need it on weekdays as repeat.

==My suggestion on BFM programme schedule==

1. Wednesday
* 8pm-9pm: Style File (Repeat)
* 9pm-11pm: Pick of The Pops (Repeat)

2. Sunday
* 3pm-4pm: Cruise Control (Repeat)

Minor changes on BFM programme schedule for 2019 can improve the quality of the radio station.

No comments:

Post a Comment