Thursday 14 July 2016

Impressive moment of FM DXing: One FM 90.9MHz for Negeri Sembilan?


Actually one FM Seremban frequency is 88.3MHz, transmitted from Bukit Gan, Seremban, N. Sembilan. Coverage is limited for Seremban and surrounding areas only.

Back to August 2010, I had scanned the FM radio frequencies band nearby my home by using my security guard Sanyo radio receiver.

One FM in my area is on 88.1MHz, but I accidentally scanned there was a Chinese radio station on 90.9MHz after Minnal FM 90.5MHz Gunung Telapak Burok while I was tuning to Asyik FM 102.5MHz.

I was wondered how comes 90.9MHz can be received as Chinese radio station. In addition, one FM 88.1MHz was playing commercials, then 90.9MHz was also playing same content with 88.1MHz.

During that time, the radio receiver was analogue tuning.

This moment was 6 years. I had tried 90.9MHz in my car, but nothing signal on that frequency.

I speculated one FM might have trial transmission in Gunung Telapak Burok before on FM 90.9MHz, alongside with 88.3MHz Bukit Gan. I guessed 90.9MHz was only "on-off" transmission in Gunung Telapak Burok by One FM, but this trial transmission was only short term.

Based on my findings, I don't think 90.9MHz can be used in Gunung Telapak Burok as the transmission can interfere UPM Putra FM 90.7MHz and Asyik FM 91.1MHz within Klang Valley and Southern Selangor areas.

If one FM didn't perform short term trial transmission on 90.9MHz in Gunung Telapak Burok, I think there was modulation on 90.9MHz.

No comments:

Post a Comment